• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Loading ASCll

colynz

Hello , Im extreamly new to this and will have a zillion questions.

First one being. my FTP server is set at automatic. Some files are loading as binary and some as ASCll Will this work ? or does every single file have to load as ASCll?

Thanx for your help !!!

Nancy :oops:

A handful of patience is worth a bushel of brains

Really On the help instal page it says that all php files have to be loaded in ASCll. When I have tried to load it. ( if im doing it right ) it loads in both binary and ASCll But I keep running into problems during the install. Files arnt loading properly. etc.

Correct me if im wrong. I put the file folder in my web folder. Im using MS front page and loading it with cute ftp. I was going to do it the easy way. catalog and admin together. Droping that into the public file.

Another question is. Before I install the program If say I didnt want spanish or german. Can those files be deleted before loading. or if I wanted to change the style of the button. Is that done before hand?

Sorry for the rediculas questions. I don't have much experience and am determined to get this to work for me. Even if i am starting at scratch.

Nancy :roll:

On the help instal page it says that all php files have to be loaded in ASCll.

It will work perfectly well with an ASCII upload.

I put the file folder in my web folder. Im using MS front page and loading it with cute ftp. I was going to do it the easy way. catalog and admin together. Droping that into the public file.

Loading it with Cute FTP is ok. What are you using Front Page for?

I don't know about FrontPage, but some HTML editors are known to mangle PHP. (Old DreamWeaver version 3 did.)

Another question is. Before I install the program If say I didnt want spanish or german. Can those files be deleted before loading. or if I wanted to change the style of the button. Is that done before hand?

You can do it before, after, or not at all. German and Spanish language files don't take much space, so you can leave them in. Just disable what you don't need in admin after installation (default language is English anyway).

Christian Lescuyer

Hey well that helps alot!

Im not really doing anything with front page for the exception that i have a domain and thats where I was building the pages. So I put the oscommerce folder in their with the rest of the pages. So that when I loaded the ftp it would be right there to drop and drag Does that make sence?

Nancy :D

Archived