• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation problem

vickawicked

I do not think it is a big problem but can anyone explain how to fix this:

Warning: main(includes/functions/general.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/catalog/install/includes/application.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/general.php' (include_path='/usr/local/php/share/pear') in /home/www/catalog/install/includes/application.php on line 22

I was able to run the installation after I changed the path. But now I am getting the following error when I am trying to open the application.

Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/criteriondvd/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='/usr/local/php/share/pear') in /home/www/criteriondvd/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

I tried changing the paths in configure.php and application_top.php it did not help.

Please help

I get the same error, but for me it is very speratic. When ever I get that error (about once an hour) all I need to do is press the 'Refresh' button in the browser and all is OK.

Seems like a server configuration issue to me. Not sure, though.

ok, I use the chance that the topic comes to include_path

what about if the one running the server refuses to set the include_path to

'.:/usr/local/php/share/pear' but just wants to use '/usr/local/php/share/pear'

reason given: "we are doing capsuled programming and don't want to do anything like that ..."

??? I guess this include_path doesn't decide whether one is doing capsuled programming or not, or am I wrong?

and: if the include_path is not set in the way you proposed, the whole shop will not work at all... or am I wrong again? (by all means I gave it up at that point of time at that place...)

Archived