• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online is not showing clients names?

I logined as a client and I did some moving around my shop and I see my ip address in the whos online list but it has me down as a guest? I am logged in?

I logined as a client and I did some moving around my shop and I see my ip address in the whos online list but it has me down as a guest?  I am logged in?

Sounds like you're having the same issues that are being reported here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53567

What version of OSC are you using? MS1? MS2?

Have you ever gotten any help from these forums? Be part of the community and help out by answering a question or 2.

Pass on what you know about OSC to someone who needs help.

yes

:?: I believe that Pam was making the statement that she was still having this problem too.

But in any case, I have a feeling that this is more widespread than what is being reported here. I would have never known that I was having the problem if I hadn't had seen the other thread here. I read that thread and decided to check mine out and saw that everybody logged into my store was a "guest" as well.

Additionally, a totally new/clean install through Fantastico (no file alterations on my part whatsoever) on my server results in exact the same issue.

Perhaps this has to do with some PHP setting, or SQL setting, or security setting on the servers themselves and not the OSC install per se, but in any case I believe that this is a widespread issue and it'd make me happy to find a solution.

I'm using 2.2 MS1

Have you ever gotten any help from these forums? Be part of the community and help out by answering a question or 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this also. Had it on my list as a less important thing to sort out eventually and was planning on doing a search to find if there was a fix out for it.

Hmm - also noticed while looking that the guest count can be misleading as you can sometimes have visitors on twice (same IP address). So you think you've got 20 or so and you only actually have 13.

Hmm - also noticed while looking that the guest count can be misleading as you can sometimes have visitors on twice (same IP address). So you think you've got 20 or so and you only actually have 13.

Yeah, that one doesn't bother me as much as the fact it simply can't differentiate between a "Guest" and somebody who is logged on.

And I'm still convinced that this problem is more widespread than is being reported here, but nobody seems to have an answer :(

I had a 10-page thread on this previously and we troubleshooted as much as possible. So far, no one seems to be able to fix it.

I asked my programmer/coder to check it when he has time, and maybe he can figure it out, he's really good with this kind of stuff, he's just been very very busy.

As I told him, I don't NEED to know who is browsing my store, but I'm more concerned that it may be part of a larger problem I'm yet to encounter

• 3 months later...

Archived