• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Base is more - loading of a site is longer

ElWhite

At the forum already questions on long loading pages of site on client side few times rose. But nobody described decisions of the problem.

As this problem looks at me:

The server on which there is a site (www.shelf.com.ua), stands at our office, in my working room - I with it work accordingly on a local area network. I.e. problems with speed of loading at any amount of graphic representations on pages should not be.

Nevertheless I see such picture - at loading the part of the page included from includes/header.php is displayed at once, and then the traffic suddenly becomes transfixed and renews seconds through 20 - there is other part of page.

Such impression is created, that server there searches for something and hardly finds.

I fill up base with help EasyPopulate v2.60. Tables checked - there was there sometimes a small mistake with discrepancy between the actual size of any table and declared, but this mistake was easily corrected MySQL-Front and speed did not influence in any way.

The same site works for me on a local computer with the same filling base (4000 commodity units) and is perfect without problems - any delays.

Tell please in what there can be a reason?

The network manager at us not so well understands configuration Apache, php and MySQL. something in adjustments of these programs needs to be changed or registered?:roll:

If will go under the link in brackets - at us while the channel with small bandwidth and it is very much overloaded. Therefore pages can be loaded for a long time. Except for that they are sated with graphic representations - though I as much as possible optimized them, but they is certainly loaded not instantly. But it not that brake. The true brake begin after loading the top part of page.

Thanks.

Motherland - Eternity

As always there was all very simply. And so:

If dependence of reduction of speed of loading of page on increase in quantity of the goods added in base is observed - disconnect on page of administration "My Store" the counter of quantity of the goods in categories - "Show Category Counts". Brakes become appreciable beginning approximately from 2000 commodity units in base.

It is the counter which deduces in the menu of categories, opposite to the name of each category, quantity of the goods. Certainly this counter is very evident and useful, but if it brakes, all the same it is meaningful to disconnect it.

Such affairs :)

I shall be glad if my experience to somebody will help to save time for search.

Motherland - Eternity

Archived