• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help!!!!

I have a commitment to have my store up & running by the 1st sept - can someone PLEASE help?

Its the "shopping cart" problem- every time I go to the checkout section, it asks me to log in again. Once I'm logged in, it says my shopping cart is empty.

If I click 'continue', I'm suddenly logged out and there's the product, sitting in the cart!

PLEASE help - I'd be willing to part with cash to fix this issue.

Paul G :cry: :cry:

Restore from your last backup before you unsuccessfully tried to install whatever contribution it was that you just tried to install.

You did back up, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Completely fresh install - no backup. It's been like this from the start!

There's literally ONE item in the store, for testing on.

Any ideas?

ok then, in Admin >> configuration, turn off the "Force use Cookies" option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Works fine for me.

its always fine for a users first order (got the order fine) - try placing another order.

seriously - i think its something to do with IP's - everyone's allowed to place ONE order, then any kind of return order is rejected / the cart empty thing happens.

give it a go?

LOL, I don't remember the fake email address I used.

Still working fine.

I'm not sure, honestly.

Although, since it's somehow losing the session, I would think that it might be your sessions table. Are youstoringthe sessions in the DB or in a file?

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions False

Recreate Session False

That any help?

Well, in my version of OSC (A little older) in either application_top.php or in configure.php, there is a place to define if you store the session in /tmp or in the DB. See if you can find that, and if so switch it to mysql.

Mines in configure.php, and it looks like this...

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Mine says-

('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'woolyg_osc1');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'woolyg_osc1');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

where password = db_server_password

It seems to be the same...

Gawd, I'd pay someone to fix this problem, darn tootin'

Well, you should contact an admin immediatly to have them delete your DB password and username out of this thread.

I'm not sure why you are having problems. Since I can't duplicate it, it's kinda hard for me to tell.

Does your pc have cookies disabled?

Its grand, thats not the real password.

Cookies enabled.

Weird, huh!

This 'cart empty' thing seems to be annoying a good few people, just see the configuration forum for proof.

dammit!

Sorry I couldn't help more.

I gave it my best shot.

I'm having similar problems. On certain pages, I can only add one item, because if I add another it delete's the first one. If I sign in, it works better, but every once in a while I'll go to a products (or categories) page that kicks me offline.

I've played with all sorts of fixes but just can't seem to get it right.

Archived