• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Completely removing/bypassing account set-up?

Otto

I know there's the "Purchase Without Account" contribution, but I'd like to bypass the account setup completely. Someone here mentioned that you could just

"remove the login page, and the password from account creation, and you logoff the customer after checkout"

Can any wise souls tell me which code that need to be edited to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Pretty major overhaul, actually. I wouldn't recommend you try it unless you've got quite a bit of php experience.

And if you want to ship something to the custoemr, you still have to collect that data, as well as the data for the billing address to, don't you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

And if you want to ship something to the custoemr, you still have to collect that data, as well as the data for the billing address to, don't you?

Well, I'm going to use paypal where they have to fill that information in separately for that anyway. I want to avoid chasing away customers who will be annoyed at having to fill in all this information twice.

Actually, the paypal IPN module "Pre-Fills" in all ofthe PayPal stuff, so they don't have to fill it out twice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Actually, the paypal IPN module "Pre-Fills" in all ofthe PayPal stuff, so they don't have to fill it out twice.

Oh. I didn't realize that. Thanks. Does this "pre-fill" feature for paypal still work when the customer checks out using the "Purchase Without Account" option?

Hmmn, I'm not sure, to be honest.

I've never been a big fan of that "Purchase without an account" contribution. It does everything exactlythe same a purchasing with an account, except it deletes the customer from the database afterwards.

Archived