• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP PLEASE! All of a sudden I'm getting an error

valenti1

I have been fixing up my site for the past two days, now I just went into my site to check it and when I clicked on "add to cart" for a product, it gave me this error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/valenti1/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:336) in /home/valenti1/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

What do I do to fix this?? I don't know what I did to create this problem in the first place. Thanks!

Thanks! That helped, but now I have a different error that is not shown on that site. When I go to my main page: www.great-giftideas.com/catalog, right across the top of the page it says this: Parse error: parse error in /home/valenti1/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 33

AND all the title things are showing........ie: text_main, table_heading_new_products, etc. Please help! Thanks!

It appears like you have an unescaped quote in your index.php language file. You should escape quotes(') inside a string with a backslash (). For example,

define('TEXT_HELLO', 'How're you?'); // this gives an error!

should actually be,

define('TEXT_HELLO', 'How're you?');

HTH,

VJ

yes, now is surrounded by one double and one single quote.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks, but fixing that didn't help.........making it single qoute around 'now' made all of this wrong:

define('TEXT_NOW', 'now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to Great Gift Ideas');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>

I wish I could figure out how to fix this............

Archived