• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Safe mode restriction with a difference

First, I've trawled thru the forum and implemented all answers but to no avail and my problem is slightly different that the previous ones

here goes..

my error is Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1050 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in /home/---/mydomain.com/www/catalog/includes/header.php on line 16

Note: my full path is actually /www.mydomain.com/ not /mydomain.com/ as the path above shows. just in case that is relevant.

Note: the other ppl who had this problem have always had trouble accessing /tmp but I seem to be the only one trying to access / and I don't know why..

I've changed the sessions to be in mysql db

I've added a tmp dir to my root (www.mydomain.com/tmp)with correct permissions and told admin/my store/cache all about it

I've spoken with my hosts and they've changed the owner of the php scripts to be the same as the server(or something) which they said should fix it but it hasn't. They can't turn off safe mode. Can anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

PHP version is 4.3.1

It'll be very much appreciated.

Archived