• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

looking for help filling in the blanks on new site creation

ccIces

Hello all,

Could someone point me to an FAQ or similar that would show a simple breakdown of how to complete a site setup with osCommerce.

What I am looking for is almost like a step by step guide if one exsists.

The thing I am having trouble wrapping my head around is where do I go after the sample site and files are installed. In other words.. what do I need to do now to make the site work when the user types in www.mydomain.com.

right now, it only works if I click the link to goto online store from the admin screen. I think I understand how to add or change products via the admin site.. I will play around with that some more to see..

The other thing is cutomization of the site. Changes to logo etc.. are they done through the osCommerce admin area or changes done to actual layout pages by using a htm editor?

any help is most appreciated.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.. teach a man to fish and he will collect UI for 6 months of the year!

something seems wrong with that link at this time. Earlier, docs were there and now they seem to be missing...

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.. teach a man to fish and he will collect UI for 6 months of the year!

Archived