• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

probs with authorize.net and oscommerce

99darkgreenGT

i have tried searching for previous threads, but have had no luck finding an answer. my shop is pretty much ready to go, except i am having trouble with authorize.net working. i keep getting an error when trying to process a credit card. this is the error i get "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." i know the card info is good, since it is one of my own cards.

i am not computer smart by any means, so any help or direction would be appreciated. i have entered my authorize.net username and transaction key into oscommerce, but keep getting the same error. it doesn't matter if i am in test or production mode.

i saw in another thread that the error messages should showup somewhere in my account on authorize.net's site. i feel that i have looked everywhere, but have had no luck finding it. any idea where it is?

sorry for all the newbie ?'s

thanks in advance.

It looks, your cart is not posting any information to the payment gateway.

Have you followed up all the instructions for SIM method in setting up your merchant account as:

You will need to login to your authorize.net account and create a "Transaction Key" or use the one you were issued when you signed up.

To set up SIM just go to Authorize.net to the 'settings' page and than to the 'transaction response' page and add your 'Receipt URL' and add your 'Relay Response URL'. These two URLs should be the paths to your 'checkout_process.php' OSC page. Than, still on Authorize.net, go back to 'settings' and 'Security' and 'Obtain Transaction Key' and once you get the key...enter it in the Admin section of OSC.

thanks for the help. i followed what you had outlined above, but still get the same error. when i was entering the default receipt url, which receipt method am i supposed to select? my options are LINK, GET, or POST. it was already selected on LINK, so i left it there. also does it matter what text i put in the "receipt link text" ?

just to make i read you right, i use the same url for both? i used https://www.birddogbowling.com/catalog/chec...out_process.php is that correct?

thanks again.

i have been searching these forums, and found that some people have a authorize.php file? i looked in my file manager in oscommerce but didn't see it? i also tried typing it in in the web address bar, but got a "page cannot be displayed" error.

so, should i have this php file? if so, how do i go about getting it?

i have been searching these forums, and found that some people have a authorize.php file?  i looked in my file manager in oscommerce but didn't see it?  i also tried typing it in in the web address bar, but got a "page cannot be displayed" error.  

so, should i have this php file?  if so, how do i go about getting it?

please ignore this question...i found the authorize.php file.....

thanks for the help. i followed what you had outlined above, but still get the same error. when i was entering the default receipt url, which receipt method am i supposed to select? my options are LINK, GET, or POST. it was already selected on LINK, so i left it there. also does it matter what text i put in the "receipt link text" ?

just to make i read you right, i use the same url for both? i used https://www.birddogbowling.com/catalog/chec...out_process.php is that correct?

thanks again.

Your receipt method should be POST and checkout_process.php is the correct return file.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

• 5 weeks later...

Jeese,

There are so many posts and answers to this question. But the problem does not lie in the module files, actually authorize.net requires some specifications on the server and accordingly configurations in the module file.

Most of time the error is "There is an error in processing credit card, Please try again", it may be due to the fact your server is not at all posting any data to authorize.net, so getting no response from there.

ADC (Direct Socket Connection) needs CURL with SSL support on the server, and most of the webhost confuse it with CURL and SSL support enabled on the server.

Please be specific about the method you are using for authorize.net and the requirements for that specific module.

Archived