• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Worldpay support III

scottymcloo

I'm in the same position as Graeme... I think I might need to set up a contigency plan in case this ever happens again... it is very damaging to my business. As for compensation, I'll have to scan the contract.. I suspect they've probably covered themselves pretty well.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Bummer. The images have gone now anyway - guess it was just a temporary glitch . . .

*sigh*

Who would attack WorldPay anyway???! Seems pretty stupid! Maybe it's a bnch of rampant Communists in a protest against the Capitalist system.

It's STILL not working properly... When I called their customer support line a recorded message said something along the lines of "yes, we know it's broken, we're looking into it...", and then the line went dead... nice to get a human to talk to...

"WORLDPAY SYSTEM STATUS

Both our payment and administration systems remain unobtainable following

a coordinated effort by a third party.

The payment and administration systems are actually working, safe and

secure, but the networks around them have been flooded with requests on a

massive computer-generated scale, causing 'service denials'. We are

processing payments, but far slower and fewer than we normally would.

We are working hard to solve this problem. We are fully aware of the

disruption this is causing you - please accept our unreserved

apology. We are absolutely committed to providing you with a live service as

soon as we possibly can and are in the process of implementing several

contingency plans.

We will contact you again later in the day with an update.

Please note that the integrity and security of our systems and data is in no

way compromised. While this type of attack on our system is difficult to

prevent and avoid, it is purely a matter of the network capacity being

overloaded by the deliberate actions of a third party."

Well, my remittance came through so at least that is something.

I don't suppose we will get any compensation for this. It's not like it's their fault. I wonder if the people who did it can be traced. Can you imagine how much business has been lost globally because of this?? They would have to pay a rather hefty fine to compensate everyone . . .

Posted on General Support first. Sorry! Found this thread after!

Hi there,

Hope this is not a stupid question! I have been looking at the integration of various payment modules (worldpay particularly) and I can't see what would stop someone from cheating a sucessfull payment by simply passing in the correct variables to the callback script (in worldpay module 1.4)

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Zix

What I would like ot do is a Pre-authorisation on an order (its order status going to pending) and then a Post-Authorisation when an order status is updated to Processing (And would not change status if the pot-auth failed.

Has anyone doen any mods like this?

Well, my remittance came through so at least that is something.

I don't suppose we will get any compensation for this. It's not like it's their fault. I wonder if the people who did it can be traced. Can you imagine how much business has been lost globally because of this?? They would have to pay a rather hefty fine to compensate everyone . . .

It is there fault they were negligent in not protecting themselves against a fairly simple DOS attack - push for compensation.

Also I note the currency update has still not come back up - and their technical supprt are taking an age to reply, has anyone else had this problem?

Hi,

might of been asked before but does anyone know of a way to by-pass the worldpay payment pages. I would like to enter the credit card number and details in on my 'own site' and basically just send these details off to worldpay to be authorized.... then grab the callback from worldpay and go to my 'Thank you for ordering online' page. So basically worldpay just works behind the scenes and you never see their payment pages ... because I don't like the look of their payment pages and it makes the site a bit messy.

thanks

noel

Worldpay offer an 'Invisible' installation type, which, I believe, does more or less what you're after. You need to have SSL on your site for that one. You'll need to ask them about it, and then it'll need a new payment module.

I dare say a few people would want to use it, though. It's neater than the standard Selct Jnr installation.

Edited by thiswaynow

There has been a lot of discussion on this thread about this before, and even a solution created to bypass the Worldpay screen completely, using curl - it worked well, but didnt go down well with Worldpay!!

They basically refused to accept any stores that did not conform to their terms and conditions - namely display their payment pages.

I am not aware fo the "invisible" payment pages, and as you rightly say, it will need a new module written.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am coninuing to receive many e-mails to my personal mail box asking for support, please stop sending mails to my personal mailbox!

This thread is the only one that should be used for support - they seem to be popping up everywhere, and as mentioned before, I will not support them. I have yet to see a request for support that has not already been solved in the last 3 thread I have started.

Thanks

Graeme

Hi

I have installed the module and am busy testing with callback.

WorldPay returns me to the checkout_process.php script and now I get

the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'new_value' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, new_value, date_added,

customer_notified) values ('1', '3', now(), '1')

[TEP STOP]

The relevant code is:

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,

'new_value' => $my_default_orders_status_id,

'date_added' => 'now()',

'customer_notified' => $customer_notification);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

I cleared an earlier error like this by adding a comments field to

the orders table but before I try that approach with 'new_value' in

orders_status_history I thought I would check with you.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

I use the Worldpay module - and I really appreicate it being written cuz I needed to use Worldpay! But I'm wondering if there's a way to remove having to have 2 'thanks' pages. i.e. One that's 'callbacked' from Worldpay, and redirects to the stores other 'Thanks' page.

The big problem with that is that if people don't wait for the redirect, the transaction goes through and money's taken by Worldpay, but the order never appears in the DB!

At the least, could the callback page insert the order into the DB rather than the final 'Yep you're done' page? Then the final page's only purpose is to bring the user back to the site and doesn't have any functional requirement.

I say this since I actually missed an order on my store due to this and had to phone the customer to find out what they ordered.

I may think about working on a mod that integrates with Worldpay in their 'invisible' form using the appropriate API, since this would be better than Select Junior (which I think pretty flawed anyway - it bases the transaction on javascript parameters! - that can't be secure). Or is a plan for that mod already underway somewhere?

Anyway thanks for the great work. Just thought I'd add my $0.02.

I've had some experience with using the Invisible integration method (on a bespoke cart, not OsC), so I'd b more than happy to lend a coding hand if this module is planned/wanted. I've got the integtration notes somewhere.

Edited by thiswaynow

Hi

My set up uses MS2 and the following contributions:

Advanced search - OK so far

VAT - OK so far

Currency Converter - also OK

Custom Order Confirmation Email - not yet tested

Downloads Controller - not yet tested

Signup_Confirm_Email 2.2MS2 - OK so far

Worldpay V4.0 - Version 1.4

Further research in the contribution forum for Download Contoller indicates that others have tackled this problem in the way I propose.

I am testing by walking through the process and dealing with issues as they come up and dowload and order confirmation are next on the horizon - if there is a better strategy I'd be glad to hear about it.

Thanks

Tony

Hi

After looking at the Download Contoller forum again I decided to risk it and concentrate on cracking that one. Result: I now seem to be through the WorldPay hurdles - with order and payment details being recorded correctly.

Thanks to the contributors for a critical component of my store.

Tony

Thanks, thiswaynnow - that might be handy. I'm not gonna have time to approach this for a while really, so I can't help myself with the implementation :( Someone else will have to take responsibility for it I guess, since the Select Junior way basically works - its just not perfect.

Either that or my store-owner would have to pay the fee to develop it, and that probably won't happen.

heh - anyway, good luck if you or anyone decides to have a go, and I'll try and help in any way i can!

Thanks.

Adam