• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change product description fields

lomoland

Calling all,

Is there a simple way that I can modify the Product description fields (eg. Model, Weight). Basically I would like to customise the description fields so that I can more accurately describe Irish Whiskey products. So for example I would need to display the bottle size and the alcohol content.

Any help appreciated.

Al.

If you're just wanting to change what the fields are called in the catalog listing, you can change that in the language files. If you need to change the type of date held in those fields you'll have to change the settings in the database. That's easiest to do using myPHPadmin.

why change the fields????

why dont you use the product attributes in the admin area???

much more professional

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

I would like the search results page to show Alcoholic Volume and Bottle Size as these are quite important product details. I've looked through my language.english.php files in both admin and catalog to try find Weight and Model so that I can change these to Alc. Vol and Btl. Size but haven't had any luck.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Al.

Archived