• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Chit Chat

Why don't you leave the moderating to the moderators.

One could ask you the same question. :roll:

I'm just trying to curb the ever growing population of would be moderators on this forum. This forum's goal is to provide help for software. Some of the people on here seem to find time to do a moderators job, but provide no help to the problem at hand.

So we could all sit around until everyone here crosses all their t's and dots every i, or we could help people with problems they have so they can get their stores up.

This is the way the community should go, not conditioning new users to be aarogant rednecks that will only help you when you post your question with perfection.

It would be even more helpful if "new users" would read the stickys at the top of the appropriate forums BEFORE posting. They are there for a reason after all.

Well it would be nice, but alas we cannot go back in time. So instead of posting a worthless link to something that shows that they have posted in the wrong area, why don't you help them with their problem and at the end say "oh by the way, you should post here next time".

My point is, the first response to the problem was not a solution, but a wanna be moderator trying to show his non-existant authority.

Ha, I am far from a wanna be moderator. If I had nothing to do all day besides browse these forums acting like a 1st grade teacher, I may consider becoming one; but don't get your hopes up.

I am just one of the many people who (in the short time I have been here) have seen the help quality of these forums go downhill, mainly because of the reasons I stated above.

I believe in open source, I think it provides much more functionality that many of the closed source options. However, the part that is mainly responsible for this (next to the dev team) is the support forum. I believe without this forum osc will be no more.

So if you want condition every new user to act like a moderator, go right ahead. Wouldn't that be great, asking a forum of moderators for help. The only help you would get is people telling you how to post correctly, people telling you to change you signature, and A LOT of people telling you to search for the answer.

FWIW, I was actually trying to help him out by pointing out that he was not likely to get an answer real quickly in this forum as A)it is not for asking questions B)this forum gets very little traffic compared to if he were to post it in one of the "help" forums. When I posted I had very little time as I was busy trying to help a few people out with the purchase without account contribution (I can ask them to join in on this discussion if you would like). Feel free to do a search for my username and you will find I spend 90% of my time in the "help" forums, have written contributions for others even though I would not use them personally, and for the most part try to be a decent chap. I tried to put the fancy little "winking guy" emoticon there to show I was not being snotty, but just pointing something out that was obviously overlooked. Didn't mean for a battle to insue over my lack of time to produce a post you would find appropriate, sorry. :cry:

Wouldn't that be great, asking a forum of moderators for help.  The only help you would get is people telling you how to post correctly, people telling you to change you signature, and A LOT of people telling you to search for the answer.

Is this really a true assessment of forum moderators here?

Oops... better move this to chit chat by the looks... :shock:

Unfortunately, yes. :( That is exactly how you guys and the Core Team appear to many people.

I did not ask how they "appear" to some people, but rather, whether it was a true assessment

Unfortunately, yes. :( That is exactly how you guys and the Core Team appear to many people.

I did not ask how they "appear" to some people, but rather, whether it was a true assessment

And the second word in my reply is "yes".

So where did my post go? Was it moved? Is anyone going to help, or are we just going to flame each other all day.

Sorry for posting in the wrong area, but jeez...you act as tho I killed the pope or something.

:roll:

Greyson Schwing

Archived