• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"No input file specified" error

Steady

I've had an OSCommerce shop in place for some time and it has worked just fine. Recently the shop started showing errors and no longer works. We have changed nothing in the shop and are now searching for answers from our host on what has caused this change.

Our first error was a permissions error reading,

"Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/colacoll/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

My host corrected this error for me by changing the permissions on the file indicated in the error to 551.

Now that error no longer rears its ugly head, but there is a much larger issue.

Virtually every link from the front page of the shop now returns a blank page with the following error listed...

"No input file specified."

The front page loads fine, but no subsequent pages will load. Just the blank page as described above.

A couple of weeks ago (about the time this shop went belly up) I got a message from my host stating... "we are implementing a solution called 'phpsuexec' into PHP across all servers this afternoon." I am speculating this must have something to do with the problems we are having with our shop.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue??? My host is strangely silent and does not seem to have any answers for me so far.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip JB. I'll try the suggestions listed there and hope it may work in my case. I had done a forum search but did not run across that specific thread when I was looking.

Archived