• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After Order How do I get back to standard domain catalog?

pearsall

OsCommerce is working beautifully. A few minor glitches but I fixed them. I use 2Checkout and I use SSL for the payment processing portion of the order before the information is transferred to 2 checkout for processing.

Here is the issue. By setting it up this way my clients go from an unsecure store...to a secure store in my SSL layer and finish checkout perfectly. But when they click the Continue button on the confirmation page after the 2checkout order confirmation then they are directed to the catalog section of my SSL layer.

The SSL layer should only be for the credit card processing aspect...how do I get the continue button to return the customer to the regular http: storefront and NOT to the catalog directory on the https: secure socket layer.

Any help is appreciated. This is the only stumbling block I've had and after 6 hours of searching I'm just going bug eyed.

Thanks.

Helping Others Achieve Success Online,

Christopher A. Pearsall

There would be a setting in 2Checkout called something like return URL. That is what you would want to change. Unfortunately, I have not used 2Checkout and do not know where that might be set.

Hth,

Matt

Matt...thanks. I thought so too but apparently osCommerce creates the return url dynamically using the cookie information in the SSL area before you complete the checkout at 2Checkout.com.

Somehow it passes that variable (the return url) to 2Checkout.com but I can't determine when it creates it, which script creates it or how I would go about changing it to return my clients to the standard storefront.

I appreciate your response though. Thank you for taking the time.

Helping Others Achieve Success Online,

Christopher A. Pearsall

The only link that I find in the 2checkout modules that comes with MS2 is to checkout_process.php. If that is what it is doing, then you would be able to change where it redirects inside checkout_process.php.

Hth,

Matt

Matt,

Thanks to you and lots of other helpful users who sent me suggestions on how to get either osCommerce.com or 2Checkout.com to return my customers to my main catalog instead of the catalog in my SSL layer.

I received lots of great responses from forum users. It seems that some things work for some people and some things work for others. I looked at all the suggestions I was sent and then isolated about 6 common elements between all the different code changes that were most likely to have the answer on my unix-based server platform.

To get your store to return to the regular url catalog layer when you click the continue button on the page created by checkout_success.php just make the following changes on the following lines of each specified file.

Line 57 checkout_success.php change 'ssl' to 'nonssl'

Line 74 checkout_success.php change 'ssl' to 'nonssl'

Line 174 pm2checkout.php change 'ssl' to 'nonssl'

The line numbers are based on the numbers provided to me

when I use the free program Crimson Editor which can be

found at www.CrimsonEditor.com

By that way...I could not recommend Crimson Editor more

highly for any programmer. I've tried many versatile

programs but this one is a text editor, color coding for

various programming formats, php, perl, etc... AND

a built in FTP tranfer program.

I'll document my findings and a direct post on the main forum for