• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A Bridge Too Far?

Hi All,

Like everbody else I've spent a lot of time developing my site using OSCommerce. After a lot of hard work and time I think I'm beginning to utilise the potential that it has and believe it to be an extremely powerful package.

However I've come across one problem that has stopped me in my tracks completely.

I've subscribed to 2CheckOut to process orders on my site. In trying to complete an order via 2CheckOut in test mode I keep receiving this error: '1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list''

Initially I thought it was just a 2CheckOut issue but having tried all the other credit card options for testing this problem is occuring in every case.

As far as I can tell I'm using OSC version 2.2 and I've gone through the posts with a fine toothcomb but I can't accurately pinpoint anything that can resolve this for me. One post suggested running the 'order_comments.php' on the server. How can I do this?

I've no MySQL or PHP experience but if anybody can point me in the right direction I'm optimistic I can complete my project.

Any help with this 1054 issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

WaWa.

Your older 2.2 version does not have a 'comments' column in the orders_status_history table in your database - you can add this column (text) or try removing reference to it from your script....I think the database solution would be the easiest....

Create the column using PhpMyAdmin - select your database> click 'properties' for orders_status_history, then scroll down the page to the 'Add new field ' dialog>click 'go'>enter 'comments' in the first field>select 'text' from the drop menu>leave 'length/values' and 'attributes' blank>select 'null' from the drop menu>click the 'save' button

Hi Matti,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try out what you've suggested and with a bit of luck it'll resolve the problem for me.

Thanks,

WaWa.

Archived