• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

.htaccess

spikesforu

Yahhhoooo, I hear ya Spike.. I need one also to protect my admin.. I was wondering if there was any out there to work with the MS2 2.2 yet..

Christine

Thankyou. I am familiar with htaccess files etc.. But what I was more interested in was the contribution with the basic admin for protection. The last one I believe i used had access levels also if you wanted.. But not like that big admin access with levels contribution that is out there right now. The one I speak of only works with MS1 right now.. I believe it was this one.....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1

Thanks so much.. :)

Christine

Thankyou. I am familiar with htaccess files etc.. But what I was more interested in was the contribution with the basic admin for protection. The last one I believe i used had access levels also if you wanted.. But not like that big admin access with levels contribution that is out there right now. The one I speak of only works with MS1 right now.. I believe it was this one.....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1

Thanks so much.. :)

Christine

Well i'm looking for somebosy that knows about htaccess for another website that is not oscommerce plateform.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. But I believe that Apache only runs on Linux and not Microsoft.. Not that I'm aware of anyway.. Unless they've changed the format.. But Htaccess will work with Microsoft never the less.. :)

Christine

Apache will run on pretty much anything. I have it installed on my PC with apache2triad (others prefer EasyPHP, YMMV).

MS's IIS will not work on Linux, nor will it understand a .htaccess file, AFAIK. Apache is more flexible.

Hth,

Matt

• 2 years later...

Spike,

Did anyone ever get you an answer?

I'm looking but don't see it here.

Someone answered me on another post saying there was a contribution on .htaccess somewhere, but I'm not finding it.

OMR

Doea anybody know how to create a .htaccess file for admin protection.

Spike,

In my case I had to go to the ISP and have them create a new SSL certificate with supporting .htaccess files.

OMR