• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easypopulate jumbles things up...

Using EP to upload, my products description is actually done in HTML, and it ends up all jumbled when it's uploaded... here's what I mean:

snippet of description on my machine:

<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="509" bgcolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolordark="white" bordercolorlight="white">      <tr>          <td width="497" align="center" valign="top"><div align=center><table border="1" cellspacing="0" width="487" bgcolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolordark="#E5E4E4" bordercolorlight="white"> <tr> <td width="481" height=10 valign="middle" colspan="2"><p align="left">   <font face="Tahoma" size="2"><b>The Legend of ZU</b></font></td> </tr> <tr> <td width="340" height=106 valign="top" bgcolor="white"><p align=left>

uploads to:

<table align="center" border=ŕ" cellpadding=Ŗ" cellspacing=Ŗ" width=蛍" bgcolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolordark="white" bordercolorlight="white">      <tr>          <td width=蛁" align="center" valign="top"><div align=center><table border=ŕ" cellspacing=Ŕ" width=蚷" bgcolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolor="#E5E4E4" bordercolordark="#E5E4E4" bordercolorlight="white"> <tr> <td width=蚱" height=10 valign="middle" colspan=Ŗ"><p align="left">   <font face="Tahoma" size=Ŗ"><b>The Legend of ZU</b></font></td> </tr> <tr> <td width=蘤" height=106 valign="top" bgcolor="white"><p align=left>

which gives some very very weird results...

heeeeelps... i've tried everything... all the available versions of EP.. same thing... :([/code]

It has been posted that ep doesn't handle html well. Sorry, I don't know how to fix it and Tim the author didn't either. There is a place to tell EP to change whether it changes the quotes to those ascii notations, but changing the setting did not help me.

There is a little contrib for adding the ability to call an html file into the product desciption if you make an html file for each product that matches the product id. I changed it to match the product model number myself. It works like a charm and is a solution.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

still could not find the one loxly is talking about, but excel import v 1.51 seems to do a similar job to EP, and the author says it's HTML-capable... installing it now, will report n my findings ;)

might have helped to post a link :P

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,485/page,8

Adding str_replace to the code would be a good trick. There's a bunch of functions in PHP that will allow you to include HTML. I remember doing it in the code I wrote for avaTag. I just don't rememeber how I did it at teh moment :oops:

I'll look through my code when I get home today and post an example here. If anything it'll be a code snippet people can just add to the easypopulate.php file.

Excel import is very old and will not work with any milestone releases. I do not know where the contrib I mentioned is located in the contrib downloads or I would have posted the link, I think it is in misc. I am on limited power and limited computer time, so I cannot go search for it, sorry.

If the php can be changed to allow EP to process html correctly, please feel free to modify EP and email it to me at [email protected] or post it in the EP upload as an upgrade. People will not know how to patch the file themselves and everyone that uses EP can beefit from the upgrade. Just be sure what version you are upgrading and what versions of osc it will work with.

LOL, Easy Populate is for people that do NOT know how to add data via sql queries. If you know how to do it that way, you don't need easypopulate :)