• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

change shipping information

waynifer13

I want to do something really simple, but I just dont know how. My developer is very busy so I wanted to figure it out for myself.

All I want to do is update the shipping information that he posted on my site under 'shipping information' that is default for OScommerce

and also at checkout, it tells my customers that there order will be shipped in 2-5 days, and I want to change that too

www.smokinscents.com

[email protected]

Hi, you need to log into OS admin area then click on TOOLS and then on DEFINE LANGUAGES you will then see a english.php with several files displayed under english.php. Click on shipping.php then go to: define('TEXT_INFORMATION',your shipping text will be here)

That where you can change the text. Change your text and click on SAVE. Your done.

You will find the check out text in the same area under english.php under: checkout_success.php

I suggest before you edit that you copy the script in note pad in case you mess up then you can copy and paste it back in!

One thing if your developer has customized the OS script a lot then the above might not fly. Good luck!

I was with you all the way until you said "go to define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '" and then you kinda lost me. I see what you are talking about but I dont know what to do here. I tried just deleting what I needed to change but I got an error message:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions...

I apologize for my ignorance, but I just dont know that much about this stuff. I believe the info you gave me was completely correct, I am just unclear on what to do next.

Can you please clarify what to do after I find 'define (TEXT_INFORMATION'?

thanks so much for the reply!!

:?: :D

www.smokinscents.com

[email protected]

Hi! If you go back to the shipping.php you will see the actual script in the box that will open up. To change your test you just need to edit the text in that script and click on save. I copied the script below and highlighted in red the actual text you want to change. Make sure you only change the text (for example only the section in red below). It is important that you leave the ' before and at the end of your text if not you will get a script error. Let me know if that works for you.

<?php

/*

$Id: privacy.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Yourstorename.com will ship your product within 24-48 hours of receipt of payment. We ship via USPS Three-Day Priority mail within the U.S. only. Sorry no international shipment at this time. If we see demand for our products overseas we will consider adding international shipment. We offer a 15-day return policy (except of s/h).');

?>

Here is the same script without the red highlight so you can see how it looks and what you are looking for to edit:

<?php

/*

$Id: privacy.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'yourstorename.com will ship your product within 24-48 hours of receipt of payment. We ship via USPS Three-Day Priority mail within the U.S. only. Sorry no international shipment at this time. If we see demand for our products overseas we will consider adding international shipment. We offer a 15-day return policy (except of s/h).');

?>

um, it will not let me delete or add anything to the text. The error message says to change the user permission and gives me an address that starts with /home/ and ends with /includes/languages/english/shipping.php.

What the heck does that mean?

Where do I need to go to change user permission?

www.smokinscents.com

[email protected]

Sorry I just checked back here hopefully you have your site squared away now. I don't know where to change the permissions.

If you go to admin_tools_server info under PHP Variables and check who is the PHP_AUTH_USER but I don't know how to change that.

Archived