• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need advice on using CCnow as my "merchant account&quot

GaryM

I know CCNow is relatively expensive, but hear me out and let me know if there's a better way to do what I'm looking to do.

I need to start taking orders asap (like, yesterday) and I will only be selling for the next 2 months. In that period I will take a maximum of 150 orders totalling about $5,000 (estimated) (I'm selling things to people that I personally know and all the store items revolve around an event in Oct)

I was looking into an ECHO merchant account because they don't require a yearly contract with recurring monthly payments (you only pay if you process orders) HOWEVER, they want me to have a business license, to see my advertising materials etc etc etc before setting me up. Plus I need to get the paperwork, fill it out, return it and then wait for it to be processed. I don't have a business license, federal tax ID, brochures etc

So what I'm thinking about doing is using CCNow to manually process my orders (not as any kind of real time "gateway" because I don't want my customers to be redirected to a CCNow order page. )

I've got OSC set up and working. It'll take orders and then every few days, I'll take the CC#s/addresses/names out of OSC and manually reenter the orders through CCNow.

I came up with this plan because I want/need to get this website open for business asap and I really don't need a full blown merchant acct. The only other quick setup/no long-term commitment plan I could think of would be PayPal, but I don't want customers to have to do the PayPal thing.

Questions: Anybody see any major flaws in this plan? Anybody know of a cheaper/easier way to do what I need to do? Anybody ever use CCNow and have any comments?

Thanks!

Have you ever gotten any help from these forums? Be part of the community and help out by answering a question or 2.

Pass on what you know about OSC to someone who needs help.

Okay, after reading more on CCNow, I discover that what I'm talking about is called "credit card factoring" and is illegal. Since the way CCNow works is that the customer is actually purchasing FROM THEM, the result is that I'd actually be ordering products from CCNow using other people's credit cards.

That being said, what's the fastest/easiest way for me to manually process credit cards without a business license, credit check or any of that? Any way?

Thanks

Have you ever gotten any help from these forums? Be part of the community and help out by answering a question or 2.

Okay, ProPay seems to be the only setup I can find that does what I need. It looks like an immediate setup scenario where I can manually enter credit card information. The only problem I forsee is that it has a $1000/month processing limit. This can be increased, but only after 90-days of being in operation (which doesn't work for my scenario)

Any feedback on ProPay or any other company that works similarly?

Thanks

Have you tried other third-party processors? PM me and I can pass along a few URLs that may help you

The other 3rd-party processors I've looked at either have the same policies as CCNow (no "credit card factoring" allowed) OR don't allow manual entering of CC#s.

If you know of a good one that allows me to manually enter the orders and doesn't consider it "credit card factoring", let me know.

I'll PM you as well.

Thanks

Archived