• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Geting a WARNING that SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY does not exsis

Demented

I get the following error. I had MS1 installed so I did a database upgrade then I did a database dump in sql and replaced the oscommerce.sql file with my SQL dump file. So now I get this error.

Warning: session_start(): open(SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY/sess_4433ac26091ac7fac5640a788d9c46ba, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/special-/public_html/cat/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/special-/public_html/cat/includes/configure.php:46) in /home/special-/public_html/cat/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/special-/public_html/cat/includes/configure.php:46) in /home/special-/public_html/cat/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Does the database upgrade add the aditional database fields into the database so that I can run MS2??? I need to know. Please help!!!

Demented....

Shane A. Miller

OWNER

www.Special-Things.Net

Yes - your error is caused by the fact you are missing:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Session Directory', 'SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY', '/tmp', 'If sessions are file based, store them in this directory.', '15', '1', now());

In the MS2 extras folder you will find the correct script for upgrading MS1 to MS2...... ms1_to_ms2.php

Acually I had incorect database entries. SO I am going to delete the new database and recreate it with the standard sql file then I can go to my live database and do an export data only I am hoping this will allow me to reimport the data.

So what is this ms1 to ms2 code all about??

Shane A. Miller

OWNER

www.Special-Things.Net

So how do I get the new database entries?? MY solution is to take the oscommerce.sql file and load it in my new database then to a dump of data only and then reimport the data only into the new database via PHPmyadmin. think that will work???

Shane A. Miller

OWNER

www.Special-Things.Net

Archived