• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

who is trying to bring me down?

urameatball

I'm a newbie! (both in ecommerce stuff and php stuff)

got my oscommerce site pretty much setup but recently, the letter "n" randomly pops up in different parts of my site!?!?! And I'm starting to get errors in different parts of my site (like in the newsletter page, the advance search page, etc.) none of these occurred before and I asked the guy who is helping me build the site "what's happening"? he said someone is putting those "n" letters in there... and no reason as to why the pages are starting to give me errors.

what's wrong???

I checked my website stats and there has been like 1000 attempts to use the cmd.exe file on the server (I'm using a webhosting company, not my own server). is someone hacking onto my site (and successfully doing so?) my site isn't even open to public yet! :(

the Admin portion of my site is password protected already and so is my hosting account.

This is a server problem and not an osc problem. Sounds like you have a very insecure web host. I would switch.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I checked my website stats and there has been like 1000 attempts to use the cmd.exe file on the server (I'm using a webhosting company, not my own server).  is someone hacking onto my site (and successfully doing so?)  my site isn't even open to public yet! :(

the Admin portion of my site is password protected already and so is my hosting account.

Many worms/hackers etc simply probe a range of IP's. I see probes in my logs all the time.

Archived