• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

removing border in new products box (with pic)

tails2k

I'm trying to remove the small border that appears around the new procudts box to give the "float" look to my new prodcuts, is there a simple way to do this I've checked out the wiki and the code but cant find where it's told to add the border....

osc.gif

That's not a border - it's the way the browser displays what is supposed to be an image - which doesn't exist. I think you can tell osC not to require images. Check the admin interface for it.

As for the background color. I believe it is set by a style. Open the file up and look for the code that outputs those products. You should find a style applied to the table, tr or td elements. If not, it might be a default - check the style sheet.

HTH

Apathy is a dominant gene - mutate.

I'm not positive but I think tails2k means the main border around the infobox. Its defined in the style sheet under infobox I think, but unless you make a custom version of the box class (described in wiki) then I think removing the border in the style sheet will also remove it from the other infoboxes on the site. I'm not 100% on the design stuff yet but if you look at the wiki on how to modify a box, use an image as the header background, etc, you will get the idea.

David

>> I'm not positive but I think tails2k means the main border around the infobox.

DOH! I must have been a bit groggy - I can see that now.

Re: style - you could also define a seperate style for this particular box - a copy of the original. Then you could modify it and not affect the other boxes.

Apathy is a dominant gene - mutate.