• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Select quantity from other database

Xterminator

Hi!

I'm trying to query another MySQL database to get the quantity of the products. The reason for this is simply to stay 100% syncronised with our supplier.

Here is my edited part from general.php

////

// Return a product's stock

// TABLES: products

function tep_get_products_stock($products_id) {

$myresult = tep_db_query("select products_model from products where products_id = '" . $products_id . "'");

$mynr = mysql_result($myresult,0,"products_model");

tep_db_close();

$otherserver = mysql_connect("www.otherserver.com", "user", "pass");

mysql_select_db("database",$otherserver);

$prodresult = tep_db_query("select products_id from products where products_model LIKE '" . $mynr . "'");

$products_id = mysql_result($prodresult,0,"products_id");

$products_id = tep_get_prid($products_id);

$stock_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . $products_id . "'");

$stock_values = tep_db_fetch_array($stock_query);

return $stock_values['products_quantity'];

mysql_close($otherserver);

tep_db_connect();

}

And this works like a charm, with the products model number as the unique identifier between the databases. UNTIL I have two or more products in the basket. Then I get this error message:

Warning: mysql_query(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/mgmwebn/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 44

0 -

select products_id from products where products_model LIKE '100273'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: mysql_query(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/mgmwebn/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 44

0 -

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'c9c46eb93e092be8213e74d34fd3d504'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

And question number two: This only checks the quantity when viewing the basket, where do I implement this fuction to make it work everywhere?

Help is greatly appreciated!

- Mads

In between tep_db_close() and tep_db_connect(), I would not use the tep_db_ functions to access the database. Instead, I would use the standard PHP functions. Also, I'm not sure that you need to close the database. I think it would be sufficient to open a new database with a new handle.

Hth,

Matt

Archived