• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrate osCommerce into existing store?

I'm trying to figure out if osCommerce is the right cart for my needs.

I have an existing store with individual product pages already set up. Each one is formatted how I want them. All I want to do it use a shopping cart program as a backend. The user would click a button on the existing product page to add the product to their cart.

I do not want users to have to leave the product description page to add the item to their cart. The only time they should see the cart is when they click the "Checkout" button on my existing site to go to the payment process.

Is this possible with osCommerce or am I required to use their frontend for my inventory?

That is completely possible assuming you have someone to code it up properly. Its just one of those time/money things really. Shouldnt be THAT difficult (at least from your description, there could be a lot of other things needed to be done that werent mentioned).

hmm. OK. I was really hoping that they would have made this easy by giving each product a unique URL that would add the product to the cart when that URL was opened.

Wishful thinking...

Actually, there is such a thing. It's called a "Buy Now" button, and it could be easily put into you existing product info pages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Can you give me any more information on this? I've been searching for this answer and I haven't been able to find anything about it. I really just need some direction.

Archived