• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i modify the text on the main page of the site

Hello all, im a noob in here hence the name, i have oscommerce 2.2, could some please explain which files i need to use to modify the text "Whats new here" which is on the main page of the site. & "Let's See What We Have Here" when you enter a product category. Also how do i change the colour for the "Guest" as the peachy colour is not very cool. Thanks noob2k3.

All text is in the languages folder

the english.php does the main job

then in the english folders are all the files for the other languge depended variables

Roger

read www.wiki.oscomerce.com before you spend a lot of time asking questions. It will save you hours, maybe days

facts invariably distort the truth

I still cant find the correct html code i need to alter to change the colour of the member when signed in. Also cant find where to change the "whats new here text". One last thing how do i remove the "Manufacturer" text when the "whats new" link is followed. I have already removed the infobox but its still displayed here.

Text color is in the stylesheet.css

Most text may be found in a corresponding file in your languages folder e.g catalog/index.php has catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Archived