• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal item title

evilenglishman

Hi.

Can't tell how right now, but there's been a lot of post on how to change the title bar etc to reflect the prodcut viewed,rather than osCommerce, so while you're waiting for a reply, fid those post and paly around with that and you'll probably be well on your way to sorting it.

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I had this problem and couldn't figure out why it did this. Just replying in case others looking find this post..

After looking at possible fixes, I realized that it is probably this way because you can have multiple items in the cart- this could make the item title extremely large (ie. quantity1 + name1 + price1 + quantity2 + name2 + price2 etc.).

I tried a fix for this anyways, but it got cut off by PayPal after a certain length. I then looked it up in the PayPal manual, and there is a 127 character limit on this field (which goes fast with 2 or 3 products in the cart). So basically there is no fix that I can see possible for this, it's a limitation of PayPal. You could choose to put different text in there (ie. YourStore Cart Total), but that's all I can think of..

Archived