• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easypopulate not getting any products . . .

lbackmol

Hi All!

I use easypopulate to import products and when I run it works and runs through and seems to work ok.

When I got to the catalog it ep has created all my categories and manufacturers etc . .BUT NO PRODUCTS ARE SHOWING?!!?!?

I'm shure that the status is correct "active" etc . .any ideas?

ps. I use the latest snapshoot as of 9th of aug and ep 2.6.1.1

Hi All!

I use easypopulate to import products and when I run it works and runs through and seems to work ok.

When I got to the catalog it ep has created all my categories and manufacturers etc . .BUT NO PRODUCTS ARE SHOWING?!!?!?

I'm shure that the status is correct "active" etc . .any ideas?

ps. I use the latest snapshoot as of 9th of aug and ep 2.6.1.1

Make sure you have the quantity set to something other than zero. If you didn't enter a quantity, it will set the product to inactive. From the admin section, look at the catalog to see if each item is inactive... greenred dots to the right of the listing. Red= inactive Green= active

I've been having the same problem - but found a way to get around it. When I import to the database I'd been getting a "1054" error that one of the fields was not recognized, eventhough the headers were downloaded using EP. Categories were showing up without any products.

Well after a couple of days of my head hitting the monitor I decided to delete that field (v_products_head_title_tag_1) in excel, I wasn't using it anyhow (don't know what it is for). No problems with my imports after that.

Keep in mind that I'm still working with a test store and dummy products, so I didn't have much to loose by doing this - I would see if you are getting the same error first before trying it obviously.

FYI - after doing this I still had some mystery products showing up in the catalog ouput, these, I surmised were from the partial imports that errored out. I couldn't find them through the admin interface to delete, but they would show up as new items for the month - so I tracked down their Model nums through the store catalog, and assigned them new values in EP, and then could find through the admin catalog and delete them.

hope this helps someone. r

• 7 months later...

im still having the same strange proplem. quantity is 1, I have EOREOR after each line, but half the products on the file are automatically set to inactive. I even tried different model numbers. Only name, description and picture are imported, all other fields are ignored. This is driving me crazy because it seems that EP is confused even tho each line are in the same exact format but some are imported with errors and others are not. anyone have any other ideas? possibly certain character combinations that cannot be used in EP?