• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feature Product V1.3 Not Working!

PropioWeb

Hi All,

I followed all the steps.

Everything seems to be working but I don't see the box on the home page..

I even fixed a problem with a string which needed to be changed from tep_array_merge to array_merge. Which fixed the admin section so I was able to set the featured product.

But alas... Don't see anything on the homepage:

http://www.jehova-nisi.com/index.php

The New Items Box is still there.

I don't know if using Basic Template System V1.0 has something to do with this.

But the installation of this contribution went along smoothly up until it asked to replace the two instances of FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS to FILENAME_FEATURED in /catalog/index.php.

Since I'm using BTS that file(index.php) was replaced. So I think I did the smart thing. I looked up the files in the templates folder and found the two instances and replaced them.

But Alas... It does not seem to be working.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I'm running osC 2.2 MS2.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Wow,

FINALLY somebody replied to my call. Thanks man. That was it? That is all that needed to be done? I could kick myself. Why didn't I figure that out. WOW!

That part of the readme was very vague, very unclear.

Thanks Mang,

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

Wow,

FINALLY somebody replied to my call. Thanks man. That was it? That is all that needed to be done? I could kick myself. Why didn't I figure that out. WOW!

That part of the readme was very vague, very unclear.

Thanks Mang,

Hi, I was just checking your site for the featuerd products contributions to see if it works with ms2 and seams that your dont work 100%

http://www.jehova-nisi.com/featured_products.php

How did you get that error?

If I go to the link I provided,

http://www.jehova-nisi.com/index.php

everything works fine.

Thats not even my site design. That is the old site design.

Are you trying to go to the featured product link directly? if so Why?

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

I went to the link because if one leave the header inbox there is a the link.

You don't have it and the link won't show. So I presume it doesn't matter to you. But I was wandering why there is that problem..

I have just install it "offline" and everything works fine expect that the link shows the problem...

I was just wandering if other people have the same problem, if it is a problem or it is just the way it is because it was built for for the privious version. back in 2002

I still don't understand how you got to that page. :roll:

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

I still don't understand how you got to that page. :roll:

Simple I just type it...

and if google go to your site, it will find it too...

I know the link. you were talking about the contribuiton and I presumed you have it installed..

I assume its doing that because I have a template system installed. And if you don't go through the proper channels you will get the error.

I think.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

I assume its doing that because I have a template system installed. And if you don't go through the proper channels you will get the error.

I think.

I am afraid to say that it works perfectly OK on one of my offline site

Nov 2002

It is something to do with the fact that it is written for an old version..

I will post the problem later on on another posting if I don't find a solution unless you do the same.

It should give the list of all featured product with that link. not an error

OK!

Change line (catalog/featured_products.php):

$featured_products_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING, $featured_products_query_raw, $featured_products_numrows);

to

$featured_products_split = new splitPageResults($featured_products_query_raw, MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING, '*', $HTTP_GET_VARS['page']);

:P

OK!

$featured_products_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING, $featured_products_query_raw, $featured_products_numrows);

to

$featured_products_split = new splitPageResults($featured_products_query_raw, MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING, '*', $HTTP_GET_VARS['page']);

OK!

to

thanks for the correction of the error...

there is only one thing.. if the MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING', '2'

if the max is 2 and there are 6 featured products. it should split it the page, but it doesn't.. it shows all the products. any reason why?

Thanks

OK!

to

Worked like a charms. Thanks.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

OK!

to

Worked like a charms. Thanks.

This part is still missing.

Displaying 1 to 10 (of 13 products) Result Pages: 1 2 [Next >>]

I am trying to find a solution to make MS2 100% compatible, but I am not an expert.

Can some expert see that little bit of code in featured_products.php

to make comapatible?

I have the solution to this problem...

If someone has installed the featured products to their MS2,

and try to show all the featured products

catalog/featured_products.php

It will not work. The solution above would gives only the full list of the featured products without pages

To have the display as below, you need a new file which I have managed to do (not perfect but it works)

Displaying 1 to 6 (of 11 featured products) Result Pages: 1 2 [Next >>]

I will upload in the next few days if needed by others..

Hi,

I have just updated the file needed here.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1489

if the origianl contributor like to download (or someone else) and check it out and upload the whole contribution that works with ms2 is welcome as I am not good in uploading :-)

The contribution didn't go to the right place. :-)

I tried to install the contribution from original files, then adding upgrades until today. I do have MS2.

When trying to add new featured products in the admin, it displays :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/chronosm/www/catalogue/admin/featured.php on line 167

- I did change the "flase" to "true" in the configure.php (/catalog)

- I setup my CHMOD configure not more than 444 because on 644, it shows me the original security alert asking me to securize my configure.php CHMOD

Finally, nothing happens on my homepage...

salvo thanks for u contribution but u could have put it on the main contribution , it s messy to have a new page ... at least put a link to the main contribution and give the link to this thread ... but i rellay think u should had your work to the main page ..

:?: :idea: :!:

MS2

azer,

I am sorry, I had tried to put it in the same folder as the other to start with. then I realised that didn't go there and I uploaded again to the same place as the others featured_products1.3 etc .. as to follow...

Pratically it is in two places................ I hope one of the moderator sees this double uploading and delete the (one file only alone)..

once again I apologise.... the file it is in two places.

Salvo

PS: I had never uploaded a file to follow others...

I tried to install the contribution from original files, then adding upgrades until today. I do have MS2.

When trying to add new featured products in the admin, it displays :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/chronosm/www/catalogue/admin/featured.php on line 167

- I did change the "flase" to "true" in the configure.php (/catalog)

- I setup my CHMOD configure not more than 444 because on 644, it shows me the original security alert asking me to securize my configure.php CHMOD

Finally, nothing happens on my homepage...

Yeah, me too. I have the Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/chronosm/www/catalogue/admin/featured.php on line 167, can someone help us to figure it out??

-----------------------------------------

Body Kit

Body Kit Forum

Yeah, me too. I have the Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/chronosm/www/catalogue/admin/featured.php on line 167, can someone help us to figure it out??

Delete the "tep_" from in front of that line and save. That should do the trick

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

Delete the "tep_" from in front of that line and save. That should do the trick

THANKS! It works!

-----------------------------------------

Body Kit

Body Kit Forum