• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

want to edit labels on new accounts page??

amoun

Hi.

Sure this must be simple. Looked in languages etc. but can't find where the labels for State and Suburb are.

Windows search can't fin d the words even. It's like it can't read inside php files.

earlier I found what someone else was looking for, which was in

"catalogincludesmodulespaymentmoneyorder.php"

As it's language specific I though it should be in the languages section.

Hope you can help I've been looking for hours, I must be crazy as well as tired..

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Well, you could upload to a linux server and use grep :)

I get: includes/languages/english.php:194:define('ENTRY_STATE', 'State/Province');

Hth,

Matt

Hi. Thanks very,

I've just had 4 hrs sleep. It was either, can't see for looking or I need new glasses. Begining to wonder what magical way this was done :oops:

No I'm not really embarrased, I'm tootires for that. Thank you very much.

About the inability to find unders windows search!!!!

What's grep, as I have a linux server online host. I'm also running this as from the day efore yesterday on my laptop with an apache server. I was supposed to allow me to work offline;but as you can see if I get so blind from overindulgence, which young boys have been warned about working offline probably only encourages my addiction to an even more unhealthy level. It just confirms my extreme, ecdcentric mentallity.

Maybe we should have a psycology forum for all us nutters out here so the sane don't have to put up with the blind, deaf and crazy. :lol:

Roger. Lots of hugs to you and yours

If I connect to a shell (command line) interface on a linux server, I use grep much the way you were trying to use Search in MS. To look six levels deep, the command was something like

grep -Fn State * */* */*/* */*/*/* */*/*/*/* */*/*/*/*/* | more

Hth,

Matt

Thanks I got grep but didn't like the command interface as I could find it for a while. Then I got a posting about changing the regedit in windows. Once I had manually registered php file it all went well.

<__

If you're using Windows XP's search function' date=' it "helpfully" refuses to look in file types for which it doesn't have a registered filter. I didn't know about this and it drove me crazy, until I read a tip in the (now) current issue of PC Magazine as to how to fix this. It's rather long and drawn out - see it here.

__>

Thanks again

Roger

Archived