• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

some beginner questions

tlyczko

i've been reading the oscommerce site for some time now, and procrastinating on converting my site(s) to osC...

i have a couple newbie questions:

1. how do i know or decide whether to use the MS2 or the current CVS release to start working on developing an osC site?

the reason i ask is that i need to do some considerable modifications to the look and feel of an osC site to make it function the way i want it to (e.g. randomly chosen thumbnails, modify display sequences, etc. etc.).

2. how do i know what changes have been implemented in a given day's CVS release?

i ask because upon downloading and looking inside the most current CVS release, i couldn't find anything about this.

thank you, and i look forward to creating a great osC site!!

:) tom

1. You almost always are better off with a milestone release than a CVS. CVS releases are alpha code. Milestones are at least beta. Unless the next milestone is close to coming out, there is no particular reason to use the CVS.

2. On the community page, at the bottom, there is a link for the archive for the submit list. That would tell you what CVS changes have been made over time. You can subscribe to get the new messages if you would like.

Hth,

Matt

Archived