• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing product breadcrumb

arse_soul

Hiya...i would like to know where the breadcrumbs for the products are created to be displayed on the product_info.php page. I may have deleted something which has led to the name of the product not being shown... i get somthing like this:-

Top ? Catalog ? Category ?

as you can see the name of the product is not there... it should look something like this:-

Top ? Catalog ? Category ? Product

when viewing the source code the hyperlink is created but is not linked to the product name, i.e:-

<a href="http://localhost/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=36" class="headerNavigation"></a>

instead of somthing like this:-

<a href="http://localhost/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=36" class="headerNavigation">PRODUCT</a>

any help would be much appreciated!!!

Sul.

The breadcrumb shows model number, not product name. If you want it to show product name, you would need to modify a statement that says $breadcrumb->add(...) appropriately.

Hth,

Matt

application_top.php - change:

// add the products model to the breadcrumb trail

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($model_query)) {

$model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);

$breadcrumb->add($model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

}

to:

// add the products name to the breadcrumb trail

$name_query = tep_db_query("select products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($name_query)) {

$name = tep_db_fetch_array($name_query);

$breadcrumb->add($name['products_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

}

Would it be possible to display both product name and product model in the same breadcrumb link?

ie catalog >> products >> subcategory >> bicycle : R-800

Note: I want the model (R-800) to merge with the product name (bicycle) if the model name excists.

I managed to get both showing if I incuded both functions for model and name. but then when I didn't have a model my breadcrumb would end with ">>" which I didn't like...

I tried stacking the queries in one function and then simply add the products name but it didn't work:

add($model['products_model']$product_bc['products_name'] , tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,

Could I change the add function in the breadcrumb.php file to include a second title if available?

Like:

function add($title, $model, $link = '') {

$this->_trail[] = array('title' => $title, 'model' => $model, 'link' => $link);

}

or how would I do it, if at all possible?

Thanks a lot Matt!

That did the trick!! :) Now this is what I did for whoever is interested in the same thing. Doing the following will display the product name with a space followed by product model (if exist).

// add the products name and model to the breadcrumb trail

$product_bc_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'"); 

$product_bc = tep_db_fetch_array($product_bc_query); 

$model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);

$breadcrumb->add($product_bc['products_name'] . '  ' . $model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

Archived