• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL/Secure Server settings

Jellyman_4eva

Hi,

I can successfully upload via FTP all the files and have been able to configure and install the program. However I believe I have got the SSL/Secure Server settings wrong somewhere!!!

I am with prowebspace.com and I have my web address with its own folders such as public_html etc etc etc, and I have space in their secure area which is:

https://securesite11.com/myusername

So in the install/configuration process, I enabled SSL connections, and then was presented with the window for configuring this. I set the webaddress as it is above, only with my username, but I set the cookies and the other option (Can not remember what it was!) as their default settings, /catalog/ and something else! I am sorry I know thats not much help!!

However it said it was fine so I carried on!

After going to catalog and admin and sorting out the permissions on files, and password protecting admin folder, when I logged in to admin, it says I do not have SSL connections????

Any help?? I believe one/more of the settings are wrong with SSL because it is on a different area to my actual site??? Am I wrong???

Help please!

Archived