• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New installation: Admin not connecting to database

Drew

Hi All,

Can I get some help with a new installation, please? After going through the install procedure I got the 'Configuration was successful' message. However I also got:

Warning: fopen("/home/cockburns/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - No such file or directory in /home/cockburns/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/cockburns/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/cockburns/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

...then when I click on the 'Administration Tool' button I get:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/cockburns/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/cockburns/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

A quick check of the catalog at http://winelist.co.uk/catalog/index.php shows that it seems to working.

Any ideas why the Admin Tool is failing?

Thanks.

See the topic 'can't seem to get . . ' - currently top on this posting section. The problen is the chmod status of the configure.php files as outlined in my reply - I had the same problem. Also there are answers on the forum already - using the search function is effective!!

:idea: :arrow: :roll:

Mark

Thanks for that, Mark - I'll give it a try. As for searching the forum for existing answers, I tried various search terms which came back saying there were no topics found!

I'll get back to you to let you know how I get on.

Archived