• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register_globals

eeleek

Hey there, I set up the correct php.ini file (as the phpinfo() shows the correct file its using. I know i set up everything correctly) I set Register_globals = on. so i can install Oscommerce. But when i restart my webserver (apache) witht he new ini file = the register_globals still stays off it just wont turn on! i tried everything. Do i have to turn it onto use / install Oscommerce, because i heard that register_globals on is a very risky secured server.

Eeleek.

Ilan`

eeleek:

Give me some info as to your setup...what are you running and are you running it yourself or do you have a hoster? And realize...you are already complaining after only a day of no one answering...I understand your feeling of helplessness but that never makes anyone want to help.

Austin519

eeleek:

Just for the heck of it, have you run a check to see if there are any other php.ini's on your computer? I.E. Start>Search>For Files And Folder>php.ini ? If that's the only one...shut down Apache, open it with notepad, edit it, save it, close notepad, reopen it just to check, restart apache. Nothing is going to write to that file...so just check it. If after you do that (just humor me and do it again if you already have), and you reopen php.ini and it's reset to false when after you opened it the second time it was set to true...then I don't know what to suggest, because to my knowledge unless something weird is going on that is impossible.

Austin519

Archived