• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy it now not showing up! Help.

Hello everyone. I have a Problem with my Buy it now option. I have it enabled and when you log onto the site the BIN option shows up. However if you are a guest you can not see the BIN option. Don't know what I have done but it has always been this way. Any clue on what it could be?

THanks

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a contribution installed that prevents guests from seeing prices or purchasing?

If so, that is most likely the cause of your problem.

Otherwise, look at the code in the catalog/includes/modules/products_listing.php file and see if there is an if clause for displaying the BIN button or not.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Hi:

I went to your website and I clicked on the "what's new" page and brought up New Products in the main page. Then I looked at your source code. The "Buy Now: hrefs are in your page but there is no image or text between the tags to present the user with a click point.

Here is a snippet of code from your site:

<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><a href="http://www.wholesalemn.com/products_new.php?page=1&action=buy_now&products_id=419"></a></td>

For this code to present something to the user, there needs to be something betwee the <a blah blah> and the </a> tags like this:

<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><a href="http://www.wholesalemn.com/products_new.php?page=1&action=buy_now&products_id=419">NEED SOMETHING HERE</a></td>

Chase down in products_new.php where this is created and see why nothing is being placed there. Could it be that your images are not being referenced correctly because it is usually an image I have seen here(i.e. have you moved them or changed something which fails to reference them?)

Anyway.. the code is there, there is just nothing between the tags to show up in your page.

Hope this helps!

Hi Again:

Just a couple of more comments.

I did not notice the first time I went to your site that down on the bottom of the page you have a huge error message that reads:

Error!

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL

Have you set up your SSL stuff correctly?

Also, the products_new.php you should check is in your

/catalog/includes/modules/products_new.php ( I think ). But if you trace down the SSL error, you may actually fix your problem.

Once again... I hope this helps!

I notice also that you state on your site that you accept credit cards now! I am wondering if in the /catalog/includes/configure.php if you have set the:

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

to

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

--- This may be your basic problem.

OK, Thanks everyone for the response's. While I was sleeping all you were working on my site! THANK YOU for the help...

Working from the last post up.. Just checked my configure file and it reads

define('ENABLE_SSL', True); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

So that appears to be fine.. Moving on...

Hi:

I went to your website and I clicked on the "what's new" page and brought up New Products in the main page. Then I looked at your source code. The "Buy Now: hrefs are in your page but there is no image or text between the tags to present the user with a click point.

Here is a snippet of code from your site:

<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><a href="http://www.wholesalemn.com/products_new.php?page=1&action=buy_now&products_id=419"></a></td>

For this code to present something to the user, there needs to be something betwee the <a blah blah> and the </a> tags like this:

<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><a href="http://www.wholesalemn.com/products_new.php?page=1&action=buy_now&products_id=419">NEED SOMETHING HERE</a></td>

Chase down in products_new.php where this is created and see why nothing is being placed there. Could it be that your images are not being referenced correctly because it is usually an image I have seen here(i.e. have you moved them or changed something which fails to reference them?)

Anyway.. the code is there, there is just nothing between the tags to show up in your page.

Hope this helps!

You put NEED SOMTHING HERE. What are you referring too.. do you have an example of what I shoule put in there?

Also I did notice in a few spot there was code that looked like this:

<tr>

<td class="main"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info_values['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>

</tr>

Is that Trus, False suppose to be there?

Also that SSL error message started after adding a couple banners for 800-Flowers and 2-checkout. I have tried to remove those two banners but I am still getting the error message. I REALLY want to get those SSL Error messages off ASAP this is costing me sales I KNOW!!!

Starting at approx. line 131 in your catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php file should read:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

In regards to the error messages, can you display the code that adds the banners?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I replaced:

$lc_align = 'center'; 

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> '; 

break;

With

$lc_align = 'center'; 

break;

No difference...

Also with the message

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Do you think that True, False could be causeing this?

I need to be carefull on what I am doing during they day cause i have people on there shopping now... :wink: Dont' want to kill them! BTW thanks for the help

@BIN button: You do have the BIN column enabled in Admin ~ Product listing correct?

@Link error: No, the "true, false" entries are to add the session_id to the link and whether to use search engine safe entries, respectively.

The reason that you are receiving that error message is because the first parameter in a tep_href_link function call is empty. Your best bet is to echo the variable being passed and determine which one turns up empty. From there you can work on why it is empty or remove the link call if no longer needed.

Do you not have a development server or the ability to work on your site's files locally to avoid disrupting your site while making changes?

My BIN Value is set to 1. The BIN option does appear when you are logged in! you can test this by using my test account... I will PM you the info.

Could you eMail me your catalog/includes/product_listing.php file?

I will PM you my eMail address.

The NEED SOMETHING HERE..meant that there needs to be something between those tags for the click point to show up to the user. As I had stated, it is usually an image and in this case the "Buy Now' image. The lines of code from the product_listing.php posted by Daemonj refers to the "'button_buy_now.gif'". Make sure that that image exists and is in the directory where the software looks for it on disk. If that image is found, the software should place it between the <a> and </a> tags and it will be available to your shoppers.

The directory for the image should be:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons

Post a quick note after you have solved the problem. I am wondering also if the SSL problem may be leading to corrupting how the image is included in the link.

Archived