• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

info boxes with different bg?

visioncomputing

I would like to make the "reviews" info box a different color than then rest of the info boxes in the left column. I know how to edit the stylesheet to change the bg of all info boxes, but how can I just change one?

I tried creating a new class in the stylesheet, and then changing the class in catalog/includes/boxes/reviews.php to the new class, but the changes never take. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

One, surround the entire reviews box with [div id=reviews] before and [/div] after. Then copy the infoBox class in CSS and then add #reviews before the one later in the file. Change the background in that one. It would look something like this:

.infoBoxContents {

background: #f8f8f9;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

#reviews .infoBoxContents {

background-color: #070706

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

You might have to repeat this with other classes to get the effect you want. In includes/boxes/reviews.php, the beginning and ending <td> </td> tags, would get the divs as well, like this:

<td><div id="reviews">

... stuff ....

</div></td>

Hth,

Matt

Thanks Matt for the tips. One question... when you mention to

One, surround the entire reviews box with [div id=reviews] before and [/div] after.
... where do I do this? Are you referring to the reviews box in column-left.php?

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help. Dustin

Ignore that line. Just follow the later instructions with the outermost <td> tags in includes/boxes/reviews.php. I should have removed that line when I gave the more explicit instructions later. You should be able to make all the changes inside the individual boxes files.

Hth,

Matt

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread!

I had been trying for a whole day to make the left and right colums have different borders and headings to the main page. After -almost- going insane, I found this thread and sorted it out.

So, thanks! :D

Archived