• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stupid Question but need help with Admin

Katlin

Hello all,

Sorry to ask a very stupid question, but I am not comfortable with the admin area being so unsecure.

So my question is this......once I give the admin folder a unique name, how do I find all the areas in the script where I need to chage the "admin" to "unique name"?

Thank you in advance :)

Katlin

there is only two places you need to make changes

both the configure.php files

..catalog/includes/configure.php and

..catalog/admin/includes/configure.php,

btw what do you mean being unsecure, do you have any

sort of password protection on it?

The more you do, the more you learn

The admin is only unsecure if you did not secure it. Put it in a protected directory on your server or install one of the admin password mods

i also feels like Katlin...

maybe Katlin means that..

whoever can access http://yoursite/admin/index.php site..

i don't like to make any popup to enter particular user..

how do i make a password protection on it? (sorry, newbie here.. or else if there's such question, just gimme the link)

or is there any other ways rather than changing the admin folder to another unique name? (to make it secure... is it?)

there are many ways to accoplish this i sugest yo look through the contribution section first

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...tegory=3&page=2

also depending on your hosting service, they usually have some sort of password protecting a directory function, if you have one you can use that

The more you do, the more you learn

Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunatly..my host does not allow for password protect in the CP. So thank god for password protect I finally found a cgi script that would allow me to lock it out easily.

As for the mods, I went through everyone last night, though all of them are good ideas, not all work well.

So as a newbie in PHP, I will stick scripts I know in cgi, to assist with the PHP :)

Katlin

Oxfly,

I found a very easy to use cgi script that works great with the php. Drop me an email and I will send you the zip file if you like.

Nothing to it, just upload to the admin directory and CHMOD to 755 that's it.

Katlin

Archived