• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Welcome email for new customers

BodyBasic

Hello,

I have searched the forum for some help regarding the email that is sent to a customer when they create a new account.

I created a user to make sure everything was working ok and found that the welcome note was very incomplete LOL Where do I look for the file so that I can edit it?

Thank you for any help you can provide me with.

Cheryl

~~

Cheryl

The text that makes the new account email up is in catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php

if you use other languages its in those language folders too eg

catalog/includes/languages/spanish/create_account.php

etc

etc

Reddy to Rumble

Thank you osCommerce and all who Contribute to her!

Thanks again to Rumble for pointing me in the right direction!

Now that I have it fixed, I wanted to leave a note for anyone else who may be looking to fix this problem

The file that Rumble pointed out is what it shows on the screen when the account has been created. To actually edit the email that is sent to them, you will want to look inlanguages/english/create_account_process.php

I can't believe I didn't see all that when I sat here and looked in files for an hour last night LOL

~~

Cheryl

Hi, I'm also trying to rewrite the welcome email that is sent out to new members and I have been able to make the changes in create_account.php with no problem, but my problem is that if you look at the original email that comes with MS2 you will see that somethings, in my opinion are out of order; eg.

'Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to....

the above note is showing around the middle of the email and I would like to move this note to the buttom of the email. I have moved and saved it on create_account,php to the position where I want it to showup but when I receive the email everything is back to it original position on the email. Which tells me that there most be a file that calls out the order of the email, kind of like the infoboxes. But I can't seen to find it. Does anyone know which file controls this?

Thank you for any and all help,

Jose :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...hmmm funny that I have create_acount_process.php in my language folder (i downloaded from somwhere), but in other languages folders (english,spanish....) that file don't exist. I am confused how to edit text my shop sends to a new costumer...

Now all it sends is:

EMAIL_GREET_MREMAIL_WELCOMEEMAIL_TEXTEMAIL_CONTACTEMAIL_WARNING

Archived