• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1st American merchant account?

Ross

I am looking for people with actual hands on experience with 1st American. I need to make a decision soon and just wanted some real world feedback....dealing with them for chargeback issues, support, etc.

I am leaning towards 1st American since they are much cheaper monthly (with fraud screening) than Wells Fargo and I was curious if this is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for" or if they are really worthwhile. It seems most everyone who uses Wells Fargo is extremely happy with the service, but I haven't seen much about 1st American, so if you use them now or have used them in the past, please share some insight :)

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

Be very careful with 1st american. I nearly signed up with them. However, you must specifically ask about every fee. If you say, what are my fees. They will tell you $29.95 or whatever. It is much higher.

Search for my posts on 1st american and you will see what I am talking about. I ended up with Bank One and got a very good rate. To get the best rates, make them fight for it. Tell bankA about bankB's rates and bankC about BankB etc.

They will work to get your business.

Archived