• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any1 using HSPHERE control panel on their webspace??

My webspace provider has a Hsphere control panel interface..one of the options is OScommerce..when i switch it to "on", it puts the default oscommerce folders in place. I have uploaded my customised 'catalog' folder to overwrite the default 'catalog' folder...but its showing the default oscommerce pages??

How can this be??

Would be grateful for any info/thoughts/hunches on the matter.

Are the defines for your http_catalog_server and db_server the same in the configure.php files under admin/includes and catalog/includes? There may be a problem with these two files. Just a thought I hope it helps.

Firstly, thanks for taking the time out to post here candyman.

I am still stuck on trying to get the site to run on the production server.

Someone has confirmed to me that i dont have to use the 'oscommerce' interface provided by my webhosts 'hsphere control panel'....so i know at least that i want to set it up manually.

A couple of things have changed now that the database has been transferred to the production server.

Due to the webhosts setup,

1. The database name has changed.

2. The username is different from that which i firstly used to setup oscommerce on localhost.

I'm not looking for spoon-feeding here but if someone could point me in the right direction as to what changes i need to make given the above, i would greatly appreciate it.

I have searched the forum and whilst there is some info pertaining to this issue, i am still not getting this squared away...

Furthermore, due to my stabbing around in the dark - trying to find a solution, i now get the following error message when i try to call up any of my sites pages:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Any idea what this error message is indicating???

Archived