• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

List of basic configuration strings/variables?

Daniele

Is there a list, somewhere, of some basic strings and variables that I can alter? I discovered by reading through files that I could for example change the date format (in /languages/english.php, by changing "define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '/%d/&m/%Y')"), but is there a general list of such strings and variables?

For example, I want to change the title of the web page at the root of the store, amongst many other things.

On a related note, has the file /languages/english/default.php mentioned in these forums been renamed? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Daniele

First off goto www.wiki.oscommerce.com for the main help files.

the default language becomes index.php in each of the laguage folders.

Hope that will get you started

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Thanks for the amazingly quick reply.

Unfortunately though I have already spent some time at wiki.oscommerce.com I haven't found what I'veen looking for. I've found some pages on modifying certain variables in the database, but not an overview of where to find such things generally, or an account of the relationship between them (i.e. why such-and-such an item is in such-and-such a place).

I'll keep looking, anyway.

Daniele

Thanks for the amazingly quick reply.

Unfortunately though I have already spent some time at wiki.oscommerce.com I haven't found what I'veen looking for. I've found some pages on modifying certain variables in the database, but not an overview of where to find such things generally, or an account of the relationship between them (i.e. why such-and-such an item is in such-and-such a place).

I'll keep looking, anyway.

Daniele

Archived