• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is the Site down?

abetterday

Hello

When I try to access the shopping cart from my webpage by clicking on 'To make an Order' Link I receive the following error message.

"Unable to connect to database server!"

Is this a problem from my side of the equation or from your side?

Alos even though I have the boxed to be 'Notified' when a 'reply' occurs I did not receive any email that you had responded to my original question.

Thanks

Try to have abetterday than yesterday!

I'm guessing that you are trying to shop from a store that has the Powered by osCommerce link in the footer? There are more than a thousand of them. A database problem would be on the store's side, i.e. it would not happen because of a problem with your connection. If you can find a link, it might be helpful if you emailed the store owner about that.

Good luck,

Matt

At 6:08PM CST I am able to access my 'Order Page' now but when I make a selection an add it to the 'Shopping Cart' the program will not accept it.

When I move to checkout it states there is nothing in the Cart.

Do you own/run the website you are talking about?

What is the web address (URL) of the website you are talking about?

Reddy to Rumble

Thank you osCommerce and all who Contribute to her!

Ok we've established now that your site is at http://www.all-things-divine.com/shop/

Now you need to understand the store is in now way connected to this site other than the cart was made by oscommerce.

So when you say is it your end (http://www.all-things-divine.com/shop/) or this end (www.oscommerce.co) it will always be your end! because your end is not connected to this end. The shopping cart and your webpage is one thing they are not seperate.

Finally you need to be speicifc on the error, what is happening which page eg index.php what were you doing, have you changed the code etc etc

Reddy to Rumble

Thank you osCommerce and all who Contribute to her!

Don't know if this will help, but at the bottom of your page on T shirts there's this meassage

"Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0"

Can't help as I'm very new to this

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Ok, Rumble pointed out the right URL :D It looks like the error "Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0" is because you havent made a temp folder to save the sessions in.

I don't remember where the temp folder should be created ? I save the sessions in the database instead. Maybe someon can tell you where you shall create the temp folder and chmode it to 777 I belive.

Thanks for the response.

Let me first say I am not very computer savy.

Second concerning the shopping cart it was done by someone else and they left immediatly on my return from India a few weeks ago without tell me anything. I do not have any idea what OsCommerce is or about. I just see the name in various places through the shopping cart files.

Anyway the person who original set up the shopping cart say today there are bugs in the program and he will be working on it to resolve the issues at hand.

I do appreciate your help in this matter. This query can be locked if need be.

Thanks again.

Archived