• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offline CC processing

k_budiarto

Hey guys,

I just want to know something. I am really a newbie in Credit Card processing thing.

My client wants his OSC website to accept credit cards and then process the CC information offline using a credit card processor at his office. Can he do this using the regular CC processing module?

Do we have to get an SSL certificate in order to protect the security of our website from CC info theft?

Right now I am using a dummy SSL that comes with our hosting package. It works just fine securing our website. Isn't that enough?

Which CC payment gateway do you guys use? Authorize.net? Where can we buy the certificate? My client has a merchant account at his bank, would Authorize.net waive the setup fee if we choose to use their gateway? Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Hey guys,

I just want to know something. I am really a newbie in Credit Card processing thing.

My client wants his OSC website to accept credit cards and then process the CC information offline using a credit card processor at his office. Can he do this using the regular CC processing module?

Yes.

Do we have to get an SSL certificate in order to protect the security of our website from CC info theft?

Right now I am using a dummy SSL that comes with our hosting package. It works just fine securing our website. Isn't that enough?

Either get your own or use your host's shared certificate. Note that a lot of users do not trust sites that have a url that is different from the site even if the gold padlock is showing.

I find that it is usually worth the $50US to get your own ssl cert.

Which CC payment gateway do you guys use? Authorize.net? Where can we buy the certificate? My client has a merchant account at his bank, would Authorize.net waive the setup fee if we choose to use their gateway? Thanks, I appreciate your help.

If your customer already has a merchant account and terminal to process credit cards then you should not need to worry about a payment gateway. You usually get the processing terminal from your payment processor.

Hope that helps.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived