• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error --

I added several paragraphs several paragraphs, replacing the default text, but get the following error, when clicking or the privacy link.

Parse error: parse error in /www1/lorihartminerals.com/html/catalog/includes/languages/english/privacy.php on line 23

I did add html <br> to separate paragraphs. There are also some commas in the text. Do they need to have an escape character preceding them? Otherwise what would create the parse errors?

What does line 23 of privacy.php say? Are there any " if so they need a / before them

There aren't any quotation marks but there are a few commas and parenthesis -- do they need to be escaped as well? A portion of the text is blelow.

<table><tr><td> <strong>Privacy & Safety</strong><br>

Protecting your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. The information below explains our privace policy in detail.<br><br><strong>How we use Information</strong><br>

The information on our registration and order forms is used only to help us deliver your products and services. Contact information (email address, telephone number, address, etc.) is only used to contact you with regard to confirming and shipping orders. Your information may also be used from time to time to send you, as a customer, information on products which you might be interested in. We may also use your contact to notify you if necessary. Financial information, like credit card numbers, expiration dates,etc. is not stored after goods have been shipped.

<br>You may receive information from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. You may opt out of receiving future mailings from Lori Hart Minerals by following the procedure outlined in the opt-out section below.<br><br><strong>IP Address & Cookies</strong><br> We do use a small cookie to identify registerd users who have opened accounts with us. We do this to help identify your account when when you log-in and. We can record your IP address and use this information only in analyzing our web traffic and site usage. <br>Cookies are small alphanumeric text strings which we transfer to your computer's hard drive via your Web browser. This enables us to recognize you when you return from time to time to shop in our store. This also helps us personalize your visits and speeds up the checkout process. For this process to work, your browser must be set to accept cookies. We do not share this data with any 3rd party.e

---- this continues to the end table brackets.

Appreciate your help,

thanks,

Murray

new services and special offers we think you'll find
The ' in you'll needs a , so it would be you'll. If you use a programming text editor (like phpEdit, tsWebEditor, emacs, etc.), then you can use it's color coding to find things like this. Generally, they will have a particular color for inside a string and when something like this cuts the string off early, you can see easily by the color change.

Hth,

Matt

I guess I was only looking for quotation marks. I appreciate it.

I will check out the editors you suggest as well.

thanks,

M

Craig mistyped. A " would be fine. It's a ' that causes trouble since it is also the character that delimits the string here.

Good luck,

Matt

I added the / before the ' in you'll -- and I am still getting the parse error. There is other punctuation as well both commas and quatation marks, and parenthesis -- Do I have to add the / before them as well?

thanks,

M

Ah Ha! The backslash! What a difference a change of direction can do. Problem solved and PHP lesson learned. I use Homesite as my html editor and when editing php documents it does color code the text. The moment I dropped in a couple of backslashes -- the color of the text became uniform.

Again,

Thanks

Archived