• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrating osCommerce with a retail Point of Sale Database

Hi,

I am looking to setup a webstore with osCommerce but I want to integrate it with a Point of Sale for my real-world store. What I need to do is share a database between the store POS and osCommerce.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on the best way to go about doing this? Suggestions about what Point of Sale would work with MySQL or how to port osCommerce to use Microsoft SQL (as many POS' that I have found use that).

-or-

I was wondering if it is possible to setup the system like this:

-osCommerce using a MySQL database

-POS using microsoft SQL database

-is it possible for the MySQL database to be connected to the microsoft SQL database for certain information such a porducts, inventory levels, etc so that the store and the webstore are synchonized?

The key feature is that I would need the store and webstore's invewntory to be synchonized.

Thanks!

how about writing a custom web-based POS that accesses the same mySQL database as osCommerce. you would need to alter the database structure to suit your needs and your POS would need to have a good internet connection.

I am working on a POS version of osc right now for a cliet. Mostly it is disabling some osc services and adding some others. It is rather slow going as a lot of osc calls for login checks.

I plan to set it for employee login and all sales will be listed under the employee number. If it is a noncash sale, then customer details page will be called to collect customer info like driver's license number and address and such.

Plus working in coupons and stored value cards and merchandise certificate.

I have a long way to go but hopefully will be done in the next month or so

I have thought long and hard about how to do this, i finally came to the result that if I make my osC a catalog, I can have the customer call in the order and then it can integrate into my POS. I can do this because I don't sell to anyone outside of my area. (I am too small of a business) and can easily manage any calls that come in. Just an idea you might want to think about.

• 3 months later...

I'm just wondering if you had any updates on your progress bluephoenix. I don't know if this was something you were planning on releasing as a contribution but I would be interested in taking a look at it if you were. If you weren't I'd still be interested to know what progress you've made as I'm attempting to do this myself right now.

O

Archived