• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

omg... finished : )

voided

wew!

well.. here it is finally. I *THINK* i'm done. Never thought it would take this long :D

use the cod option when ordering, still waiting on authorize.net info.

known issues:

1) i might be missing a pic for a button [print order button]

2) i forgot ... too tired to think right now :wink:

http://www.wickedsunglasses.com/catest/

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

while i'm here...

i'd like to thank _everyone_ in this forum for the amazing help you provided troughout my dabbling in oscommerce.

and ofcourse the osc team for bringing us this fine product!

again thank you.

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

I would get rid of the click to enlarge text and javascript, since your pictures aren't any bigger when that is clicked. Also, I would want to change the links in the infoBox headings so that the words were a link as well as the little arrow. The arrow is just too small for convenient clicking.

In the last paragraph of the FAQ page, layed should be laid. When I click on a product in the new products box, the description was text text...text.

I tend to buy mirrored aviator glasses, which I didn't find when browsing the site. This could simply be that they aren't there. It could mean I didn't search enough (although that is a problem in and of itself, if people are leaving before following through on their search). It could mean that I didn't recognize them when I found them, which would be bad (i.e. if you have a product that customers would buy, then it is bad if customers do not recognize that product is what they want to buy).

I follow why you would mainly group by manufacturer, but I think alternate groupings would make it easier to find what one wanted. Your site is great for knowledgeable people who know exactly what they want (even a contact us/style locator for rarities), but for those of us who would browse for a particular look, it doesn't work as well.

Long term, you may want to consider having photos for each color. modom posted some javascript to handle the change when the color is selected.

Cool looking site as is.

Just my $.02,

Matt

I would agree with Matt to get rid of the "Click to Enlarge" Text. And when you go to page 2,3, and 4 of the Chirstian Doir Sunglasses the product description is text text text text here is a direct link.

http://www.wickedsunglasses.com/catest/ind.../sort/3a/page/2

I love the Layout of the site. Even the Contrasting color sceme. Was there a contribution that was used to make the index.php page? If so what was it. If not would you be intrested in sharing that code with me?

thank you very much.

first of all, the text shown as "text text text ..." is just a filler... the writer needs to finish entering the description. :)

next, the click to enlarge. If you notice most of the pics have a bigger version. I dont know about the "click to enlarge" text.. i could get rid of it i guess.. i just liked to point out that you can click to...... enlarge. hehe

i'm not going to rearrange the way the products are grouped... not for this site anyways. Like you pointed out this site is mainly for people who know what to look for.

finally the index.php was a custom reorganization. it will be a mess to sort out my mods (product swatches + look of the site) but i think i will have some time now to do this.

I appreciated your comments, keep them coming :D

next, the click to enlarge. If you notice most of the pics have a bigger version. I dont know about the "click to enlarge" text.. i could get rid of it i guess.. i just liked to point out that you can click to...... enlarge. hehe
Not the ones that I tried. If you want to keep it, I would suggest that you eventually move to larger pics for all the glasses--not an immediate priority.

i'm not going to rearrange the way the products are grouped... not for this site anyways. Like you pointed out this site is mainly for people who know what to look for.
I'm not suggesting that you replace the current organization. Instead, I'm suggesting that you augment the current organization with a more traditional category based organization.

Even if most of your customers will shop the other way, why not reach out to others as well?

Cheers,

Matt

sweet site. you did a nice job on the intial interface. the rest can be adjusted over time. always a challenge getting through someone elses code. Might want to clear the right side of stuff as things get a bit crowded wen viewing the glasses,

nice job.

romanus

Great site - even wicked!

'Categories' could actually be named 'Manufacturers' or 'Designers' as that waht it appears to be...

BTW Rayban is one words - except in your categories menu.

All I can say is...

WOW!

Nice job!

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

Paul, good idea, i'll do that and thanks for finding that typo :P

Burt, anything can be place in that middle section... but this is to client specs. i could maybe show him different versions of it and he can decide what to do with it... thanks for your input :D

Click to enlarge fix: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41355

I was always bugged when clicking and getting the same image in a popup. What I did was basically check if a big image exists. If it does then it shows the link. Read the whole thread as I made a mistake in the first post.

Your site looks really nice. Clean.

Wow, spectacular! Great job, the best I can do with criticism is that I found a spelling error -- pretty weak as far as site review goes, but hey...

From your site:

Can I return my order?

As part of our "15 Day Satisfaction garentee", we at wickedsunglasses.com have layed out a simple procedure to follow at our (return policy). Please refer to fit when you wish to return or exchange a purchase.  

Please refer to "fit?" Ahh, you mean "it", and the link is on its way I bet!

Your site is so good, it's inspirational!

--Dainis

Very well done, it looks a whole lot better than your basic osc site! I know it must have taken a lot of work but it really was worth the effort.

A couple of things I didn't like, and they are only small

* I think that text links should be underlined to more clearly let your average user know it's a link. If you have ever sat in on a usability test with a range of users with very average skills, you'll know why, non-underlined text links take a LONG time for them to find. If the links are in obvious places like top or side navigation bars it presents no problem, but when they are mixed in with text like the manufacturer and detail links on the products found page it will be a problem.

* I think the text/grey box contrast like on the products found page should be higher. On a nice new monitor the contrast is acceptable, but turn down the contrast on your monitor to almost zero to simulate a 4 year old screen on it's way to being dead (like lots of people use) and things get very murky and hard to see.

Spot on!

Question for you or anyone else reading this:

How or where did you get the module for the adding a customers email to be included in the newsletter?

I've looked at a couple of contribs, but can't find one that has the facility for a customer just to be able to add his/her email address.

Thanks,

Rob

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness

doh! thanks for spotting the typos :oops:

great tips btw, some of them are already in the next version...

and for the newsletter thing i simply use the FormMail (nms's version) cgi to get the newsletter requests.. so its not really integrated in OSC.

Now this is what I would call work well done! I can't help but see the same problem with many osCommerce websites that used to happen when people started making websites (those horrible HTML websites... ), they look bad or nothing has changed from the original. But in your case, definitely professional looking and an inspiration for us all.

Very nice site - clean, crisp, and professional!

My only criticism: you're based in Canada (in your returns section you have an Ontario address) but nowhere on the site does it state whether your prices are C$ or US$. Your shipping costs mention US$ but not your product prices. This could cause some confusion.

-al

Best i ever viewed so far ;)

I would love to have your tabel layout..

I wish you the best of luck with your store

BR Magnus

DatorButiken.nu SWEDEN..

(translation of above text: DatorButiken = ComputerStore in english)

i don't know if my boss would approve on that. Every site likes to have its "own" look & feel...

i think someone already made an offer and it was rejected.

Not that it would be hard to duplicate but ... you'd be on your own on that one. sorry

Archived