• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Help

Taipan

I am just trying to install osCommerce, really don't know what I am doing. I have gone through the installation procedure and get this error:-

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions:

cd /home/o/onlinva/www/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /home/o/onlinva/www/catalog/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

I know I was supposed to do this first but I have no idea how to "set the permissions". I try to open the configure.php files with my browser and it won't let me access them.

Any help will be appreciated.

You must have a CPanel then ?

go in your file manager to catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php and change permission to 777 before starting installation

The_Bear

Ooops!

I was told that, and found out through use, that cPanel sometimes doesn't do it properly, so use CuteFTP if you can, download it if you haven't got it.

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Maybe its because I didn't do this bit:-

(You need to .htaccess your /admin directory so that it is password protected. You can use the password manager in your server admin area like cpanel.)

Any tips on how I do this?

Hi. Good to see your getting on ok. I've downloaded a server so I can work offline. I'll post all the details on a forum when I can get it to work.

Will be off the forum for the best part of a week.

Will check in on you on the weekend

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Thanks for your help Roger. I am wondering if this is a bit over my head, but I am gonna work at it for a bit longer. I stuffed up the SSL part of my install so I am going to redo the installation again. I am not sure what to do with regards to the SSL stuff so I am going to post a new topic with this question.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Archived