• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I have a hard one for you guys! 10 points to the winner!

In my old version (1.56) and in the new one that I just installed I had/have this same problem. ...

I can edit an order and add new items or increase qty or whatever and for the most part it does what it is supposed to .. well except for the order total itself. In the old version the order total would stay the same (or do something strange like double the total, it depended on the location of the stars I think) .. the new version will calcule the total of the items .. then calculate the shipping and tax but will make the order total the sum of the shipping and tax (not including the subtotal of the order) ..

Now I will make it easy on you!! I think I know what the problem is, I just need to know how to fix it. A while back I was changing the way the order history page looked to make it prettier and the ONLY way I could get it to do what I wanted was to remove "subtotal" from the order total calculation. I dont really remember how I did it or where the file was but I kinda remember it being in a class file someplace. I remember that when I did that it also removed subtotal from my orders page but at the time I was willing to accept that to make the order history page look better.

So the question is ... is there a way to make the order editor calculate the total correctly now OR is there a way to remove the subtotal from the totals "blob" so I can keep it off my order history page?

Ok .. ready, set .. go!! : )

Craig

Not sure, but I think I get the same thing. I have the latest order Editor 1.61b

I make a test order:

1 x product @ 1149.99$

Table Rate (Best Way (Based on Order Amount, see Shipping & Returns)): 50.00$

7% GST + 7.5% PST Quebec: 172.79$

7% GST (Shipping) + 7.5% PST Quebec (Shipping): 7.51$

Total : 1,380.29$

Then if I go in and edit ANYTHING ! (was editing the shipping cost from 50 to 100$)

Then I get this:

1 x product @ 1149.99$

Table Rate (Best Way (Based on Order Amount, see Shipping & Returns)): 100.00$

7% GST + 7.5% PST Quebec: 187.81$ TOTALY WRONG ! should not have changed as the item price did not change.

7% GST (Shipping) + 7.5% PST Quebec (Shipping): 187.81$ TOTALY WRONG ! this should be 15.03$

Total: 1,625.61$ TOTALY WRONG !this should be 1437.81$

anyone know why this is happening? and is there a fix for this?

using OSC 2.2 MS2 with the only mod is individual price per customer.

I have a hard one for you guys! 10 points to the winner!

In my old version (1.56) and in the new one that I just installed I had/have this same problem. ...

I can edit an order and add new items or increase qty or whatever and for the most part it does what it is supposed to .. well except for the order total itself. In the old version the order total would stay the same (or do something strange like double the total, it depended on the location of the stars I think) .. the new version will calcule the total of the items .. then calculate the shipping and tax but will make the order total the sum of the shipping and tax (not including the subtotal of the order) ..

Now I will make it easy on you!! I think I know what the problem is, I just need to know how to fix it. A while back I was changing the way the order history page looked to make it prettier and the ONLY way I could get it to do what I wanted was to remove "subtotal" from the order total calculation. I dont really remember how I did it or where the file was but I kinda remember it being in a class file someplace. I remember that when I did that it also removed subtotal from my orders page but at the time I was willing to accept that to make the order history page look better.

So the question is ... is there a way to make the order editor calculate the total correctly now OR is there a way to remove the subtotal from the totals "blob" so I can keep it off my order history page?

Ok .. ready, set .. go!! : )

Craig

is there anyone still working on this contrib or is this dead?

Is there an alternative contrib that works ?

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOO ! ! ! !

Anyone here?

is this contrib dead or what?

anyother solutions to edit orders?

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this contrib. All of the editing features seem to be working except "add products". When I click the "add products" button, I am taken to a blank "The page cannot be displayed" error page. Any ideas on a possible cause? thanks.

hi: I ve just installed this contrib and sorry if this was posted before, but i cant find my problem as previously posted:

I have a subtotal 100 (includes tax)

shipping 10 (this doesnt need tax added)

Tax at 21% should be 21.00

Total should be 110, but it is 131.00

I ve tested the rest of the contrib and it worlks perfect so far,

Thanks, but if someone could help me with this little thing i would be more that grateful

j

I am new to osC and think this mod is a great idea. One simple question (or possibly a question from someone simple!!).

The contributions page has lots of downloads, not all of them specifying exactly what each is updating, and not all in order (some are fixes to previous versions, not the most recent).

My site is based in the UK and I only want an Enlish language version at this stage. I guess I should be using Order Editor 1.6a. Am I correct?

Many thanks.

Bob

Edited by bobeisenberg

• 3 weeks later...

When I installed edit_orders.php, I got the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in <path_to_admin_dir>/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1488.

I have seen a couple of other posts about this, but with no solution.

It turns out if your php.ini "short_open_tag" directive is set to "off", PHP won't recognise "<?" tags - they all must be "<php". There are a handful of "<?" only tags in edit_orders.php. Search for these and replace them, and it should work.

I just installed this contrib. All of the editing features seem to be working except "add products". When I click the "add products" button, I am taken to a blank "The page cannot be displayed" error page. Any ideas on a possible cause? thanks.

I'm still having the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello,

I use an Order Editor 1.61b along with Step-By-Step Manual Order. I really love these contributions. They are great. The only problem I have with Order Editor is: when I go to edit_orders.php, change an order status and click Update, I get the Order Status along with Comments listed twice in Status and Notification. Am I the only one who has this problem? :huh:

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I had the same problem. I found out what it was. The code in the page itself is putting these items into the database twice. Look through your code for a duplicate. I fixed this a long time ago, so I dont remember the specifics, but this should help if you havent fixed it already.

Chris

hi:

I m still having this problem :(

for example:

I have a subtotal 100 (includes tax)

shipping 10 (this doesnt need tax added)

Tax at 21% should be 21.00

Total should be 110, but it is 131.00

I ve tested the rest of the contrib and it works perfect so far,

Thanks, but if someone could help me with this little thing i would be more that grateful

j

Yes, it would be very nice if there was a way to have the tax applied only to the subtotal.

I do not want my shipping to have tax applied to it.

Right now I have to give a discount, and play around with the numbers, to get the total to be correct, since tax is applied to shipping and all discounts or additions put into those extra boxes in section 4.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! THIS SEEMS TO BE A VERY BIG ISSUE ON THIS THREAD THAT COULD USE CLEARING UP.

Thank you all.

Chris

I'm probably the only one with this problem but when I try to use any contribution that enhances the admin options like order editor, nothing happends! just doesn't work. I have followed intructions for many other contributions involving the catalog with no problems. the only thing i can think of is that my admin folder is located in the catalog folder (.../catalog/admin). Can this be causing my problems?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New!

After finally having some time to install this contribution (on Christmas morning, when else?), I noticed that it didn't work very well and wasn't very well supported, which is interesting considering that it's one of the most popular osCommerce contributions available (ranked number 3 on Top Downloads as of this writing).

That being said, I've fiddled with the existing code and come up with a new version I call 1.70.

Changes that I've made:

- Rearranged and modified the way the email is formatted. This is cosmetic in nature. Feel free to go back to the old way if ye so desire. As a result of doing this, I also added a line to the language definition file for edit_orders.php. The old way looked like this:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'The status of your order has been updated.' . "\n\n" . 'New status: %s' . "\n\n" . 'If you have questions, please reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'Kind regards,' . "\n". 'Your Onlineshop-Team' . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE', 'Comments' . "\n\n%s\n\n");

But my way looks like this:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'Thank you so much for your order with us!' . "\n\n" . 'The status of your order has been updated.' . "\n\n" . 'New status: %s' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE2', 'If you have questions, please reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'With warm regards from your friends at the ' . STORE_NAME . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE', 'Here are the comments for your order:' . "\n\n%s\n\n");

See, I even included a nice fuzzy thank you note.

- Fiddled with the html to make the display of edit_orders.php more comfortable to work with. Among other things, I got rid of those ill-advised x's and %'s and put a new row underneath each product row so you can tell the difference between each line much easier.

- And (here's the big one).... enabled the ability to edit product names and prices! The code to do this was already in the file, it just wasn't functional. I turned it on, tested it out, and it worked great for me. More testing is needed to be sure, but I'm ok with it for right now.

KNOWN BUGS:

- Tax changes aren't being calculated very well. Apparently not at all for orders that have didn't have tax associated with them in the first place.

- When you add a product to a store that uses the $100.00 style of price formatting, the final result looks like 100,00

- Product attributes with price changes cause problems (the code needs to be modified to take these things into account)

Merry Christmas!

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

New!

After finally having some time to install this contribution (on Christmas morning, when else?), I noticed that it didn't work very well and wasn't very well supported, which is interesting considering that it's one of the most popular osCommerce contributions available (ranked number 3 on Top Downloads as of this writing).

That being said, I've fiddled with the existing code and come up with a new version I call 1.70.

Changes that I've made:

- Rearranged and modified the way the email is formatted. This is cosmetic in nature. Feel free to go back to the old way if ye so desire. As a result of doing this, I also added a line to the language definition file for edit_orders.php. The old way looked like this:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'The status of your order has been updated.' . "\n\n" . 'New status: %s' . "\n\n" . 'If you have questions, please reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'Kind regards,' . "\n". 'Your Onlineshop-Team' . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE', 'Comments' . "\n\n%s\n\n");

But my way looks like this:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'Thank you so much for your order with us!' . "\n\n" . 'The status of your order has been updated.' . "\n\n" . 'New status: %s' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE2', 'If you have questions, please reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'With warm regards from your friends at the ' . STORE_NAME . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE', 'Here are the comments for your order:' . "\n\n%s\n\n");

See, I even included a nice fuzzy thank you note.

- Fiddled with the html to make the display of edit_orders.php more comfortable to work with. Among other things, I got rid of those ill-advised x's and %'s and put a new row underneath each product row so you can tell the difference between each line much easier.

- And (here's the big one).... enabled the ability to edit product names and prices! The code to do this was already in the file, it just wasn't functional. I turned it on, tested it out, and it worked great for me. More testing is needed to be sure, but I'm ok with it for right now.

KNOWN BUGS:

- Tax changes aren't being calculated very well. Apparently not at all for orders that have didn't have tax associated with them in the first place.

- When you add a product to a store that uses the $100.00 style of price formatting, the final result looks like 100,00

- Product attributes with price changes cause problems (the code needs to be modified to take these things into account)

Merry Christmas!

Which version did you make your changes from? 1.59 being the most stable version that doesn't deal with CreLoaded. The others above it were added versions from CreLoaded users and these moronic admins never cleaned it up after much bitching about it. I would work up from 1.59 and disregard the newer versions after that.

Which version did you make your changes from? 1.59 being the most stable version that doesn't deal with CreLoaded. The others above it were added versions from CreLoaded users and these moronic admins never cleaned it up after much bitching about it. I would work up from 1.59 and disregard the newer versions after that.

There is no version 1.59 available as far as I can tell. I used 1.61b. This contribution really needs to be cleaned up.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

There is no version 1.59 available as far as I can tell. I used 1.61b. This contribution really needs to be cleaned up.

Nevermind, I see it way down the list. There's nothing quite like someone uploading a version 1.59 and then someone else coming up behind them and putting out version 1.56.

Exactly. I would work off 1.59 and skip the rest. Too bad the admin and mods slack in this department of cleaning up contributions.

What exactly is wrong with 1.61b or any of the others? Is 1.59 relatively bug free?

Correct. I started following the trail of new versions and 1.59 stops there. I would not bother with the others as too many people were confused on which was which. Don't bother with the personalized versions and the 1.60 version as that adds a bug.

Start with 1.59 and you should be good.

Edited by Young Tae Byun

Correct. I started following the trail of new versions and 1.59 stops there. I would not bother with the others as too many people were confused on which was which. Don't bother with the personalized versions and the 1.60 version as that adds a bug.

Start with 1.59 and you should be good.

1.59 seems to have the same bugs that 1.61b does.

I installed v1.73 (thanks! :) ) but I cant seems to be able to edit the comments. :(

In 5. Status and Notification:

I can see the original comments I made with Entry date, customer notified, New status...etc.

Below that table, I can see:

New Status, Comment...etc. with some box for me to type and check.

But, how do I change the comments or delete the comments in the original box?

comments.jpg

Best regards,

Koh Kho King