• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Thanks for all the contributors who put so much work into this. It truly is an amazing add-on.

Question about qty. I'm just skimmed the code, but I was wondering if qty can be changed to fractions / decimal.

e.g. a grocery store is selling fruit at $1 per 1 pound. An order needs to be adjusted to qty .5 pounds of fruit.

As it is right now, when you make the change in the ajax form, it will look like it's made the calculation, but as soon as you print, or go back into details, the qty will round itself up or down to the next whole number. In the example above, it will round itself up to 1.

In the non-ajax form, as soon as you press update, the form will round itself, up or down, right away. Which leads me to believe the quantity type needs to be changed in the database.

I'm going to start working on this now, but if anyway can confirm my thoughts, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I was able to confirm it is the database setting.

In the orders_products table change the products_quantity field type to decimal(3,1). Unfortunately, the invoices will show 1.0, or 2.0 for your whole numbers. But the database will now be able to store fractions.

Good evening and thank you for a fantastic Add on, it all installed and as far as i know all in the right place!!

every thing works fine, apart from:

when i would like to add a further item to the order, the pop up window appears and one can select the item to add, once finished, or should i say in Step 4. pressing the button "Add to Order"

the pop up window does not close, and the main window gets a HTTP 400 page can not be found??

if you at this stage refresh the window, it delets the Order??

if you re - log back into the Admin then the addition to the Order is there??

apart from this, this Contribution is absolutly fantastic i would just like to say thankyou.

looking forward to your replys and fixes?

Hi

I just wanted to say thanks for the wonderful product... but, it does not seem to be working for me.

I tried to delete an item and I get Errors on page (run time).

Here is a photo of what happens. As you can see the star thing is always there.

orderie2.jpg

Please help me :)

Thanks

Rune

Hello

Would someone know how to use a barcode scanner to add products to an order.

In fact I would like to create orders on the admin side and use a barcode reader .

I added a column in the product table (contrib. : barcod mode http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1819) and modified the search criteria in edit_orders_add_product.php to search also the barcode.

My problem is that even if there is only one product coming up I have still to press on the button of the pull down button to select it. What can I do to select the 1st product ( there should only be one since there is a unique barcode).

Could someone tell me how I could get the product search to work efficiently with a barcodereader?

Or any suggestion on how to create orders on the admin side by reading barcods.

I hope someone can help me

Thank you very much

Hello,

Excellent contribution thank you. I was wondering if there was a quicker way to add product. As you know currently a secondary window opens and you have to list out or type a description and it finds the parts, then adds it to the order. Is there away, if you already know the part number to add it as a line item a it will automatically add the description and price?

Thanks JR

Not to worry. Found out that you can disable the Ajax on admin side.

Only problem I got now is when I add a product I get logged out of admin and have to relogin.

Edited by ReBeL Tech

I had many problems with the edit order page showing up completly blank when you go to edit an order with an existing product, or if you create a new order the page would go blank after you add the product. The problem was coming from the free shipping for xxxx amount shipping module (not the order total module). I turned it off and now the editor works fine.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Shipping Question:

I use the FedEx shipping modules on my store and was wondering if that can be incorpirated when editing an order... so I can select overnight, 2 day or whatever... cause most of the orders are entered through the backend so we have to add the shipping manualy..

Will pay for edit too, thanks!

- Sigel

Just installed 5.0.61

When I send email with order status update/message , then the message part is not sent, nor logged in the window.

the email is sent fine, but does not contain message, only the text that indicates that there should be a message below.

please confirm bug/help.

Hi Everybody,

I just installed 5.0.61.

When I installed the Hungarian languages file character code is utf-8, the contribution can't functional.

I can't send email with order status update/message , then the message part is not sent, nor logged in the window.

If I change the languages file character code ISO-8859-2, the contrib is function very well.

Can you anybody help me?

Sorry my poor Ennglish knowledge, I'm Hungarian. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I just tried upgrading from an old version of OE (2.61) and I am getting bit with the blank screen problem. I double checked all of the install instructions. Saw a lot of postings here, and here are some of the things that were suggested and which I've tried - all to no avail.

- changed all includes in edit_orders.php to require

- changed error_reporting in application_top.php to E_ALL (but no messages resulted)

- turned ajax off

- turned free shipping off

I started putting in some var_dump statements (god does php debugging suck!) and things seem to stop processing at tep_get_tax_description in order_editor\functions.php. That's all I've been able to figure out so far.

This is on a test system with MySQL 4.0.23 and PHP 4.3.10. (I have not yet migrated to the same versions as my production site - MySQL 5.0.45 and PHP 5.2.5)

Any other ideas for tracking this problem down?

Problem solved! (see previous post)

tep_get_tax_description was defined in both admin\includes\functions\general.php and admin\order_editor\functions.php

I removed it from general.php and it is now working.

Its inclusion in general.php was from the 2.6.1 version that I was upgrading from. The upgrade instructions neglected to mention that the function should be removed from there (only that some code should be added) and should therefore be amended.

Hi,

I have installed this contrib, I updated from an older 2.6.2 version. This is pretty sweet. but I do have the problems as mentioned below by Irin.

4. Once the Order Totals are updated by javascript, I can't change or add anything else, like Shipping Insurance, because the field is no longer editable.

5. When I edit an existing order and, for example, add Shipping Insurance to order totals, it does updated and the Value field is no longer editable but the additional fee is not added to the total.

My insurance charge is in my database as ot_insurance. When I make a change to the order, the order total does not include the insurance charge.

Also, when I make a change to the order, the insurance charge becomes 'uneditable'. What I mean is, when I open an order with edit_orders.php, the field for insurance is editable, if I make a change to a product or order total item, the field becomes uneditable. And is still not calculated in the total

Any help would be great if anyone has had this problem...

Chris

Hello,...

after a quick search throw this topic i couldn't find my problem.

After installing everything right i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method manualCart::get_shiptotal1() in /sites/**/www/winkel/includes/modules/shipping/indvship1.php on line 53

Where do i have to define this error?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,...

after a quick search throw this topic i couldn't find my problem.

After installing everything right i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method manualCart::get_shiptotal1() in /sites/**/www/winkel/includes/modules/shipping/indvship1.php on line 53

Where do i have to define this error?

Thanks a lot!

There is a problem using Order Editor and the Individual Shipping contributions. I posted this thread seeking help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&p=1201199

I never found a solution. It appears to be rather complicated and beyond my php expertise. If anyone finds a solution, please share it with me.

Hi ive just installed the new version of order editor, my problem is when i click Add Product a pop up window displays the following repeatedly about 20 times

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /*****/*****/*****/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 186

ive search everywhere to find a solution but cant find one... pls help

thanks

Claire

I'm having the same exact error here as well. Anyone have a fix for it? I have Multi-Store installed, so that might have something to do with it.

I'm having the same problem, no update button showing up at all. I do see the notice to press the button, and the blue bar, but no button exists. I tried running my mouse over the blue bar to see if there was any link at all, and there is nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

I'm having the problem of no update button showing up at all. I do see the notice to press the button, and the blue bar, but no button exists. I tried running my mouse over the blue bar to see if there was any link at all, and there is nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

I have just updated my "loved" version of Order Editor 3.0.1 cause I need the shipping taxes auto-calculating for my store.

So I have done the update for the v5.06 but I meet real bugs according to :

1 - Notched boxes :

When I notch boxes to make the forwarding and/or the bill-to-addresses identical, nothing in occurs.

It is necessary that I update by the button so that this or these ones disappear.

But once disappeared, impossible to make them reappear!?! Serious bug, isn't it ?

2 - Characters problems for delivery module names :

Minor Bug reported previously under Ajax, where the special characters are badly transcribed...

Does it exist a solution ?

3 - Update of the status impossible with apostrophe character :

The management of the apostrophes is not taken into account contrary to the version 3.0.1 which I have.

How that is it done and how to solve the problem ?

If other users have met the same problems as me, thank you to indicate it by repling to this post.

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

3 - Update of the status impossible with apostrophe character :

The management of the apostrophes is not taken into account contrary to the version 3.0.1 which I have.

How that is it done and how to solve the problem ?

This is only in local site, so forgot this.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Hi,

I have installed this contrib, I updated from an older 2.6.2 version. This is pretty sweet. but I do have the problems as mentioned below by Irin.

My insurance charge is in my database as ot_insurance. When I make a change to the order, the order total does not include the insurance charge.

Also, when I make a change to the order, the insurance charge becomes 'uneditable'. What I mean is, when I open an order with edit_orders.php, the field for insurance is editable, if I make a change to a product or order total item, the field becomes uneditable. And is still not calculated in the total

Any help would be great if anyone has had this problem...

Chris

I have fixed the problem where the insurance charge is not editable once the order totals are updated. On about line 438 in edit_orders_ajax.php, I added to the If statement

&& ($order->totals[$i]['class'] != 'ot_insurance')

So that the line looks like this:

if ((!strstr($order->totals[$i]['class'], 'ot_custom')) && ($order->totals[$i]['class'] != 'ot_shipping') && ($order->totals[$i]['class'] != 'ot_insurance')) { //ADDED OT_INSURANCE to the IF

This stopped the insurance box from being uneditable when totals were recalculated.

But I am still having a problem finding out how to include the ot_insurance class to the total update so that it is factored in. Right now it is not added to the total.

Please HELP!

I have fixed the problem where the insurance charge is not editable once the order totals are updated. On about line 438 in edit_orders_ajax.php, I added to the If statement

But I am still having a problem finding out how to include the ot_insurance class to the total update so that it is factored in. Right now it is not added to the total.

Please HELP!

I think I have fixed it. Basically, in edit_orders.php, when an ot_total item that was not your ordinary item was found, it wasnt added to the total. Thus my ot_insurance was not added either.

So around line 354, i added:

$order->info['total'] += $ot_value;

right above:

$written_ot_totals_array[] = $ot_class;

$written_ot_titles_array[] = $ot_title;

So that it looks like:

$order->info['total'] += $ot_value;

$written_ot_totals_array[] = $ot_class;

$written_ot_titles_array[] = $ot_title;

Hope that helps someone if they are having the same problem. Please note that it worked for me in my specific situation. It might not be the exact fix for another situation. Doesnt hurt to try it though :-)

wow, you know, I skimmed through many of the 136 pages and I can tell you that this thing EDITS ORDERS...and it...well, it makes the admin section bigger (I can tell that from the screenshots in the thread). I read the detailed description on the download page. 5 years of development, btw. And it's remarkable, intelligent, and brilliant all at the same time.

so, uh, what is it?

no, I mean, does it, like, do anything on the customer side of the catalog? I don't know, maybe a readme on the 33rd revision..cuz I know it's something that I need, but I'm just not sure of why, you know?